It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Long Beach/Belmont Parade 

Post Long Beach/Belmont Parade
Just want to give a shout out to everyone who participated in the annual parade event. Jackson, Dickerson, Miscione, Hodge, Graves and Polunin. Thanks again for making it another fun evening. As usual, it was a BLAST !
Kinda cool having 65,000+ parade goers cherring on our karts as they sped down the street, hi fiving and handing out candies to the crowd. Mikey Graves manged to thrill the crowd with some spin moves until his Rotax lost fire 3/4 of the way through the parade and had to hook up a tow line to the truck. Justin Hodge gets the best decorated kart this year. Awsome job on the kart Ken. Shari, next year we need to put you in a "Mrs. Santa" outfit atop the truck bed.
I have to admit, I had been hit with the flu bug all week and wasn't really "In the Spirit" on Saturday afternoon. But by the time we all gathered up and began preparing the karts and truck I had all but forgot about being ill.
I'll get some picture up on the web site tomorrow. See eveyone at the banquet this Saturday ! :D

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 am

sorry we missed it. I was at the last round of Region 7 in Santa Maria. Why did we race in Dec.???

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
LAKC Rotax Series Director

It was a blast as usual. Thanks to everyone who showed up and pitched in especially Joe for all his coordination efforts. I can't wait to see the pics. See ya at the banquet....

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Post parade
This was our first time at the LB parade and it was a lot of fun and good exposure for LAKC.
LB Post is running a photo contest so those of you who made good photos might want to send them to ryan@lbpost.com and he will upload them to this site http://www.lbpost.com/ryan/7633
You can also check this photo gallery of the parade, slide 13 features Ken Hodge.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:09 am

http://lang.presstelegram.com/photos/ph ... 430&num=13

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 am