It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
IKF Region 7 and Gatorz Karting Cup to join forces in 2011 

Post IKF Region 7 and Gatorz Karting Cup to join forces in 2011
Southern California’s two most iconic kart series will team up for the 2011 season to offer racers a unified regional racing program. The International Kart Federation (IKF) Region 7 and Gatorz Karting Cup have aligned to form the ‘Cal State Karting Series’ which will feature the most popular classes, the top racing facilities, and the best driving talent Southern California has to offer.

The newly formed regional series will be home to both club racers and the serious karter. The series will cater to racers and shops with a desire to compete in a professionally run series that offers abundant track time, unbiased officiating, and unparalleled value.

“Over the past 12 months I have intently listened to the karters in Southern California,â€

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 am
Profile WWW

Will the 15 lap premains and the 25 lap mains still be part of the Gatorz program?

Larry

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:14 pm

[quote="Larry H"]Will the 15 lap premains and the 25 lap mains still be part of the Gatorz program?

Both programs will run the same number of laps, which will ultimately be determined by laptimes at each track. Since the series will run a time-certain schedule, the lap count will be determined by dividing the allotted time by the average laptime for the class.

The estimate is around 12 laps for the heat and 20 laps for the main.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 am
Profile WWW
am i understanding this correctly? IKF region 7 has has reduced its events from about 11 events a year to six events a year. thats not good. i didnt know Southern CA Kareters wanted to race less. i guess i will have to travel elsewhere to get our fix. you expect to have big turn out for each of the cadet classes when they have option to run KPV1, Junior 1, PRD, Minimax? you expect my cadet driver to run all these in one day? cmon. drop two of these cadet classes and get a larger group for each class.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm

am i understanding this correctly? IKF region 7 has has reduced its events from about 11 events a year to six events a year. thats not good. i didnt know Southern CA Kareters wanted to race less. i guess i will have to travel elsewhere to get our fix. you expect to have big turn out for each of the cadet classes when they have option to run KPV1, Junior 1, PRD, Minimax? you expect my cadet driver to run all these in one day? cmon. drop two of these cadet classes and get a larger group for each class.

Hey, no problem. If you want more racing, come race at LAKC. The competition is as good as it gets and we hold all of our races right here in Southern California at CalSpeed. Here is our 2011 schedule:

1. February 13
2. March 13
3. April 10
4. May 22
5. June 12
6. July 10
7. August 21
8. September 25
8. October 23
9. November 13 make up date

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]