It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Recomendations forShifter Classes 2011 Spec, Open & Delu 

Post Deluxxe Shifter
chris latorre wrote:
Well open motors will make this class a bigger mess then it looks like its starting to become. This comes from a guy that started karting in Rotax. A true spec. program in my opinion. We offered Open for the open guys to have a place to run what you brung kinda deal. Not sure we should do the same for the Deluxxe class. The idea was we have two additional shifter groups that want to also compete. The older dude thats rules and the heavier dude that rules. This class would try to accommodate both of them. So, to do that we need to up the weight (not too much) and up the age (not too much). I really do not think the class should be open. There will be a money prize and we already have a open class. This should be a spec. Honda class. DD2 will not be a Championship class as far as I'm concerned. It does not get enough participation. Never has. If you own a DD2 you can always show up and we will make room for ya just no Trophy or Championship at the end.

Give the older dude that rules a break on weight??? Thats a tough one. where do you start and end? What does the rest of this group think about that idea? I would have to talk to the BOD about this one. It is such uncharted territory I'm not sure what would be fair. Would this just scare off anyone younger then 50? Would we then lower the age to 35 and give the older dude that rules weight break to just find out that age is faster then weight hands down and the older dude that rules would end up still struggling to keep up with the youth. Do we just make the class 50 and up and leave the weight alone? Bottom line is this guys. LAKC will try to make a class that will accommodate the largest part of the group. We just need to find out what that is.
Chris

Couldn't have said it better myself Chris, either way guy's what ever comes out of this it's pretty obvious that there will be a new shifter class next year, YAHOOO

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2