It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Recomendations forShifter Classes 2011 Spec, Open & Delu 

Post Recomendations forShifter Classes 2011 Spec, Open & Delu
Chris and LAKC, could there be consideration for the following classes, all on the track at the same time?

Spec Moto
Open Shifter = Mod Moto motors and ICC and other motors
DeluXXE = 35+ age, 440lbs and any type of shifter kart including DD2's

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:33 pm

Dont forget juniors. They're probably as fast as the old guys!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 pm

so what would we call a group that raced 5 classes? Can you say a MESS?
We can just call it the run what ever gearbox to got class? I think this is going away from a true class championship and sounding like a just show up class.
I here a few DD2 guys may want back in the mix next year.
We will need to get through the Banquet then we (BOD) will start talking about all these mixed up classes and if it is something we would want to do. We will also have to talk to the kind people at Kal-Gard and see if they want to continue with this program.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:29 am
Profile WWW

Just keep in mind, the sooner a decision is made the sooner drivers can plan the 2011 season.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am

E.T. Will you be at the Banquet? I would like to talk to you about this Deluxxe class. Kal-Gard is in for next year SO there will be $$$$$.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post 440lbs Seriously?
So let me see if I got this right, the guy thats 50 + years of age and weighs 180lbs has to have a kart that weighs 260 lbs! Seriously! May I make a suggestion? Anyone 50 or older should run at 400lbs, minimum age for the class would be 40 yrs old, those between 40 & 50 should run at 430 lbs. There are a lot people going to shifter next year, many are 50+ years of age and we're just looking for a level playing field.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 am

Post Re: 440lbs Seriously?
Hi IBRedd, yes, I like your point! :)

I'm not sure the club is ready to be so progressive or fair, IE: to 'level the playing field'. I've resigned myself to this not being the case, as I haven't heard anymore on it, but here is my comments, similar to yours only I was simply trying to get a 10 or 15 lbs weight savings for us 50+ guys (nearing 60 did I say?) :shock:

Here's my post, check out that thread too: http://www.lakc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10066#10066

And the tread:
ibredd wrote:
So let me see if I got this right, the guy thats 50 + years of age and weighs 180lbs has to have a kart that weighs 260 lbs! Seriously! May I make a suggestion? Anyone 50 or older should run at 400lbs, minimum age for the class would be 40 yrs old, those between 40 & 50 should run at 430 lbs. There are a lot people going to shifter next year, many are 50+ years of age and we're just looking for a level playing field.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Post Re: 440lbs Seriously?
[quote="Geno"]Hi IBRedd, yes, I like your point! :)

I'm not sure the club is ready to be so progressive or fair, IE: to 'level the playing field'. I've resigned myself to this not being the case, as I haven't heard anymore on it, but here is my comments, similar to yours only I was simply trying to get a 10 or 15 lbs weight savings for us 50+ guys (nearing 60 did I say?) :shock:
[quote]

Thats a bit harsh don't you think.
So if the class weight doesn't work just right for you the club is not being "fair" or "progressive". There is only so much time in the day for so many classes. Why not wait until the board is done with the year end wrap up and see what happens next year. I myself plan on doing the PRD Masters and would not mind if the weight was a bit lower, but im not going to whine about it if its not. I'll add the weight and go race.... and yes im 50+ and 180lbs

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I think "progressive" was the right word at this point, and "fair" was a poor choice on my part. I apologize for that.

I was using ‘fair’ to refer to Ibredd’s comment about ‘looking for a level playing field’ and not the club.

I have only been around karting for a couple of years, and haven’t seen anyone offer a weight reduction based on age for guys getting up there like ourselves, so indeed it would be progressive for the club to do that, and there hasn’t been a real indication that that is happening. Thus I haven’t seen indications of that progressiveness. I hope they do it, and perhaps as Webmaster here you have some insights that we don’t have into the inner workings. So, let’s hope for some progressive action when we ‘see what happens next year’!

Geno

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:35 pm

I have no insights into the inner workings, never been to a board meeting nor am involved in the decision making. Just maintain the Website.

Maybe after the season starts and the majority of drivers in PRD Masters are adding alot of weight it can be reduced.
I have no idea what I will have to add, thinking around 15 lbs. Not that big of a deal to me.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 pm

We are working on this and we would appreciate your input. We are going to offer the Honda Deluxxe Class which be will part of the LAKC KalGard Challenge that includes a very nice prize fund at the end of the year that is provided by the sponsorship of KalGard. At this point, we are considering having class rules very similar to the ProKart Magnum class. Please let us know what your thoughts are.

Greg

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Greg, I will spread the word and direct folks here to the LAKC website for discussion.

I have seven people that I know who state they are interested in this class. 2 of them will be new LAKC members. I know a gentlemen by the name of Kevin who has 2-3 friends who are excited and gearing up for this DeluXXe class.

I'm know that consideration of motor types is a big question in this class, but I'm sure you guys will work it out whether mulitple types or just stock Moto.

Count these guys in for the DeluXXe Class all drivers are 40+ in years.
Elbert (stock Moto)
James (Stock Moto)
Sal (Stock Moto)
Gary (ICC)
Ron (Stock Moto)
Steve (Stock Moto)
Loreen (DD2)
Kevin (Stock Moto)
Chris (ICC)
Add your name here if interested

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 am

Well open motors will make this class a bigger mess then it looks like its starting to become. This comes from a guy that started karting in Rotax. A true spec. program in my opinion. We offered Open for the open guys to have a place to run what you brung kinda deal. Not sure we should do the same for the Deluxxe class. The idea was we have two additional shifter groups that want to also compete. The older dude thats rules and the heavier dude that rules. This class would try to accommodate both of them. So, to do that we need to up the weight (not too much) and up the age (not too much). I really do not think the class should be open. There will be a money prize and we already have a open class. This should be a spec. Honda class. DD2 will not be a Championship class as far as I'm concerned. It does not get enough participation. Never has. If you own a DD2 you can always show up and we will make room for ya just no Trophy or Championship at the end.

Give the older dude that rules a break on weight??? Thats a tough one. where do you start and end? What does the rest of this group think about that idea? I would have to talk to the BOD about this one. It is such uncharted territory I'm not sure what would be fair. Would this just scare off anyone younger then 50? Would we then lower the age to 35 and give the older dude that rules weight break to just find out that age is faster then weight hands down and the older dude that rules would end up still struggling to keep up with the youth. Do we just make the class 50 and up and leave the weight alone? Bottom line is this guys. LAKC will try to make a class that will accommodate the largest part of the group. We just need to find out what that is.
Chris

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 am
Profile WWW

Gene- we will have a class for you based on your times. NOT age or weight. Just time. Please remember we just had the Banquet and that takes a lot of our well all of our spare time. It's over so time to finalize 2011. We will get to you and all the other classes soon. Remember we don't race until Feb. we did not forget about you.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:47 am
Profile WWW

Chris L, I agree with your motor type review and I will spread the word that the DeluXXe Shifter Class will be Spec Honda motor only. Thanks for you fast reply.

DeluXXe Shifter is Spec Honda motor only.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:19 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next