It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Unofficial Preview - Round 3 

Post Unofficial Preview - Round 3
LAKC World Championship - Round 3 Preview (unofficial)
By: VELOCESPORTS
Thursday, April 7, 2011

In the busiest motorsports weekend of the racing season thus far – the international press and racing fans all over the globe will have its attention aimed at one place only – not Malaysia but Fontana, California – for the Round 3 of the LAKC World Championship at Southern California’s premier kart track – CalSpeed Karting Center. LAKC officials have not been approached for comments but unconfirmed reports suggest a SOLD OUT event as millions of spectators rush to witness once again – marvelous display of kart control and raw speed from the most talented shifter pilots in Southern California and from the world.

The battle in the DeluXXe Shifter is expected to intensify this weekend. Musgrave Racing Team factory pilot – Rick McAllister – has dominated the first two rounds but the competition is rapidly closing-in and the possibility of a defeat is greater than ever this weekend. McAllister’s greatest threat is likely to come from Michael Goebel and Elbert Thompson. After taking 14-monhts off racing to recover from shoulder surgery, the German Superstar returned to the cockpit last month and impressively finished in second place – demonstrating that the ‘Golden Hands’ remain the same and none of its superb speed has been lost. “Competition is tremendous at LAKC but I am naturally above everyone else hereâ€

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Post EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – ELBERT THOMPSON
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – ELBERT THOMPSON
Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just days before the third round of the LAKC World Championship, VELOCESPORTS, spoke exclusively with the BlackBullet via the telephone – following is a transcript of the interview:

VS – First, thank you for taking the time to speak with us.

ET – You know that I don’t do interviews, right? It’s against my contract but you guys are cook so what’s up?!?

VS – Big race coming up. You are coming with great momentum (podium finish last month) and we understand that you have been under an intense fitness program over the past month, tell us more about your preparation for this weekend’s grand prix.

ET – I don’t know if you can tell intense fitness program but I have paid a number of visits to McDonald’s and local parks with my kids – so that is what I have been up to.

VS – SpyReports reported this morning that you were testing yesterday at Calspeed, were you?

ET – Yes. I am committed to win and I race to win. I was at Calspeed yesterday testing two different karts (TonyKart) and two different engine (99 vs 2001 Honda). I had a very busy day and a productive day. Rick was there too!

VS – How was your lap times and did you run faster than Rick?

ET – Lap times are irrelevant! I was testing different components of different chassis. Rick was probably performing racing simulation as he was out there doing 20 lap sessions while I was doing 2. I am sure that in the end, I am faster than everyone else!
VS – Faster than Goebel?

ET – Of course. I am ready man! Goebel or Rick ain’t got nothing on me this weekend. Goebel wasn’t even there. MFG Kosmic GP was supposed to be there, the paparazzi was there waiting for them but they never showed.

VS – What do you think happened to them?

ET – Not my business but I think Goebel was probably drunk so he didn’t show. And Alex was probably in his weekly appointment with his psychiatric.

VS – Well, it has been a pleasure speaking with you. We wish you the best this weekend and until next time.

ET – Thanks but there won’t be a next time. Goodbye!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Mfg Tech centre is disappointed to announce the absence of superstar Michael Goebel from the DeluXXe line up for the upcoming April 10th race. While performing a world record breaking curl weight of well over 24oz Goebel’s right bicep failed and a thus caused a tendon failure that simply will not allow the champion to compete at this race. However a full recovery is expected for the German Ace and a complete domination of the May race can be expected from the Golden Hands.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 pm