It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am

YKCs or YLCs for last two races? 

Post YKCs or YLCs for last two races?
Can the club comment on what tires we are allowed to use for the last two races. I was told by one of the shop owners that we are switching to YLCs after the Grand Nationals. IE: For the September and October races.

Can we get a clarification from the club.

thanks very much,

PS: I think we should make the switch! 8)

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Post Both
Simple answer, both will be permitted. If you want to upgrade to YLC, go for it. If you have YKC stock, you can go ahead and use them.

strike this see the post from Chris below

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Post Re: Both
Cool, thanks Dan. I have some YKCs I can still use then. Plus they are on sale in a few places, so they make a good bargin for the end of the season.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

I believe that CalState is staying on YKCs for the final race in October.

There are plenty of YKCs to go around. My view is that the club should stay on the YKC through the end of the year.

L's are rumored to be 3-4 tenths faster.....

A

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Ssshhh Andy, we don't need everyone knowing that ;) lol

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:43 pm
Profile WWW

Post tires
we will stay with the current tires until the end of our 2011 season. Sorry about all the confusion but there is plenty of the old compound and we see no need to make racers who have raced all reason on one compound switch to another this late in the season. When we first started talking about this supply was a concern but that just is not the case. Hope this will help save the races money.
Chris LaTorre
Club President

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

That is a problem Chris. It was already announced here by a board member that we could use the new tires. I've got a set mounted already to go... Further it has been said all year we were going to switch, I think it's the end of the season for us, and we should be able to test some things under race conditions for next year.

I think its worse since the club previously said we could use them, and it was given the OK in this thread by an officer over a week ago

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Geno, we all realize this but in the best interest of the majority we will not allow the new Bridgestone tire to be used until next year. This is what all the other clubs and series have decided to do also.
Where did you get the new tire anyway? They have not even been released to any dealers in the south of the state yet??

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

Alright, thanks Chris. I was pleased previously to see LAKC taking their own direction, but when the big gun came out against it last week, I figured the proverbial tail was tucking underneath... But since there was no retraction I mounted the set I bought from a guy back east who ended his season early.

Personally I thought the series was right to do what they said they were going to to all year... and also making it optinal was was best. Anyone fighting for a position would probably just switch, but I suppose some of the shops might have some inventory they want to move. But I didn't see any individual, near champions voicing concern here?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks Chris for the heads up, looks like that will save us all a buck! Geno guess we'll have to wait till after October to give these new tires a good hard test!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:24 am
Profile WWW

Hey Alex, yes, it's only six weeks or so. But of course they are 'burning a hole in my pocket' as I've been wanting to run them all year.

I just wish I wouldn't have mounted them, as I could use those rims...

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:45 pm

geno i will change them out for you at the track at no charge if you want.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile WWW