It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Coming Soon 

Post Coming Soon
We would like to tell you about good things coming soon to LAKC. It is important to note that despite the various titles the LAKC organization has, we are all volunteers. I'm providing you the names of each because they deserve a great deal of credit for devoting their personal time for the betterment of our series. If you have questions regarding a specific topic, please pose them to our lead volunteer.

2012 Pit Map - We are moving our pit reservations and payments forward to allow us to have an established, all-paid pit map before the first race of our 2012 season. This allows us to provide you clarity early in the year with changes coming primarily only from new additions to the map throughout the year. The process is underway and we have already talked with all of our most dedicated sponsors. Our volunteer working this is Frank Baldozier.

New Website - Our new website is nearly complete. We expect to launch within weeks. Our objective was primarily to give our site a fresh look with minimal changes to our content and the way our content is organized. Our volunteers working this are Dan Rivera and Scott Weeks, with website development from Octavio Artera from Soak Marketing.

Online Registration - We are planning to beta test MotorsportsReg this year. For those of you that are not already familiar with this program, it is an online system that provides a member database, newsletter capability, and comes with registration features. We will be asking some of you to become early beta testers in 2011 so we can iron out the kinks before our 2012 season. Our volunteer working this is Jarrod Bradley.

2012 Class Structure - this is in draft mode. We believe our current class structure is strong and our changes will focus primarily on identifying ways we can add classes. Some of the changes will come by offering Pilot options to some of our largest classes.

With that, we would like to hear from you on additional changes you would like us to consider. Feel free to tell us what is working well and how we can make it even better. If there is something that is not working well, please provide a suggestion on how we can improve it. PM us.

- Los Angeles Karting Championship

Last edited by Dan Rivera on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Well done Dan, and to the club/championship.

I think the early pit map is an excellent idea, gets that out of the way, and into the frame of mind for next years series.

Online reservations is great too. Since my old body :? argues too much when I come out on Saturday and then race sunday, I have to register in the morning of the race, this will make it much easier.

I had a great time this year contesting my first full season, I thought the championship was excellent. I hope we can get a few more of the older blokes to come and run in PRD Spec Grand Master next year, it's a good group currently, and with a few more, we could even run in our own group breaking away from the seniors who also have done a great job this year.

Thanks for all the fun!!

:D

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am

Dan, sounds like LAKC is gonna have some growth and the ideas are all great! Gets me pumped for the new season! I have also been thinking and gonna throw outthe idea for maybe a night race?! I've done some at adams and willow back in the day. It's a thought, but would be awesome! Specially in August or July for those sweaty race days. Course idk whatthe logistics of this would be, but hey I'm gonna throw a match into this fire and see what happens.

Geno, what's up man you don't like running with the rest of us?! ;-)

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 pm
Profile WWW

Post Did you notice?
If you haven't noticed, we launched our new website on Saturday night and we published our 2012 classes on the home page.

I understand the points results are late. I've always had them for you by the Sunday following the race. I spent my weekend working the website, so I'll need to find time this week to do the points. Sorry about the delay,

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]