It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 pm

some newb questions 

Post some newb questions
Hey how are you guys doing. I'm new to karting and just picked up a rotax I have been out practicing a couple of times so obviously still new. But the rotax senior pilot class definetely struck my interest I just have a few (probably pretty stupid) questions. Looking at the class rules it shows that rotax xps is the spec oil. But says nothing if vpms93 is required. So just wanted a little clarification on that.. possible typo? Also it shows 50:1 ratio I'm assuming I can run. Bit ritcher just not leaner obviously. And as far as the lakc rate bridgestone ykc's how does one go about purchasing these when the season gets closer. Thanks in advance.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Post Re: some newb questions
Welcome Stephen.

It appears the pilot class is ideal for you. Our sanctioning body constraints are changing for 2012, so the Rotax Senior Pilot class is a new class that we are happy to be able to offer next year. The 2011 Rotax Senior class was a large and extremely competitive class, so we expect the new pilot class will have a good sized group. If you finish in the top positions of this class, you will get the 'opportunity' to get post-tech experience (aka scrutiny) and, of course, trophies and your own championship series.

Fuel - typo indeed. Fixed.

The LAKC Bridegstone YKC details are solidifying. The in-work plan is to offer our members and drivers of specific classes a [very] attractive rate. I am sorry, but this is all I can say at the moment.

Stay tuned via our forums and facebook for membership and pit application announcements. Reserved pit spots is the way to go if you plan to race in our series.

Again, Welcome!

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 am

Post Re: some newb questions
Cool thanks for the quick response. I'll stay tuned. I,ll be out practicing at fontana 2 weeks from Sunday. All my practices have been at adams so far. Thanks again

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:35 am