It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:35 am

Cadet Practice/Warm Up Schedule 

Post Cadet Practice/Warm Up Schedule
Hi,

Don't want to turn this into a bigger discussion about classes, run groups etc. as I'm just seeking clarification for future races. Also I might have missed the communication regarding the consolidation of practice groups due to my work schedule.

This Sunday all the cadet classes (Jr. 1, KPV1 and PRD 1) where grouped together for the first two practice/warm up sessions. Since Cameron races two classes it was difficult to get our usual set up work done for both karts...and yes I know we could have come in Saturday to work on set up but we raced at another club that day. Considering the current track surface getting the set up right is even more important to having a good race day.

Anyway is the plan to continue with all the cadets running together for P1 and P2 going forward?

Best regards,

Walter

Tue May 01, 2012 10:31 am

Post Re: Cadet Practice/Warm Up Schedule
Walter,
As you may or may not be aware, we have changed our format to a TIMED schedule. In doing so the race day gives everyone a better idea of when they need to be at the grid, BUT it also adds time to the day. Our first race of the season went to long and we needed to make up time so this problem did not happen again. Without cutting racing laps we combined groups for a morning warm up session. Because of the size of the club and the level of competition we have changed the morning from a practice to a warm up session. Our main focus was to come up with a timed schedule that allowed us to get through the day allowing time for red flags and unexpected delays as to not run into a problem of cutting the day short. It looks like we have had two successful races with enough time to allow for delays and we will see if we can add one more warm up session to one of the cadet classes. Question is what one. We have three. This is a work in progress and when the track layout changes from big to small this also gives us more time or takes time away. We understand your concern and will try to accommodate the best we can with what we have to work with.
Chris LaTorre
Club President

Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Cadet Practice/Warm Up Schedule
Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

I missed the March race so came in Sunday unaware. I'm just seeking confirmation on what the direction is for the next race and hopefully future races. I trust you all to best decide how the cadet group is to be split up. Depending on what you all come up with we can decide how many karts to run so we can get the most out of our race day.

When do you think you'll reach a decision on this issue?

Best regards,

Walter

Wed May 02, 2012 10:30 am