It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
2013 Monthly Class Rotation 

Post 2013 Monthly Class Rotation
The race group rotations for 2013 have been posted on the LAKC website... check it out here:
http://www.lakc.org/content/class_rotation_2013.pdf.

While we cannot make everyone happy, the final rotation was determined after considering the needs of all members. We have several adult drivers who race in two classes. Our first priority was to ensure that two race groups separated these classes (unfortunately, one of them ended up with only one group between the two classes).

We also have adults who race along with their children. In this case, we did our best to schedule at least one race group between the adult and minor. Unfortunately, given the limited number of race groups, there weren't enough degrees of freedom to meet everyone's needs (I believe there is one adult/minor combination that is scheduled to race back to back).

As the schedule currently stands, if we change anything in order to accommodate one driver, another driver will be hurt. This is what is referred to as a "Nash Equilibrium" in economics... no one can be made better off without making someone else worse off. :D

The race-day schedule for round one will be posted Friday, February 22.

See you all out at the track.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Post Re: 2013 Monthly Class Rotation
I appreciate the work and efforts you guys put on this. Just wish that you guys could add a gap, at least one in between S2/S4 and Open/Magnum.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 am

Alex, are you racing two shifter classes?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:42 am

Nash Equilibrium
Alex

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

No, not really. I just wanted the S2/S4 guys to watch me dominate the 'Open Shifter' class from the very beginning to the the very end. I wanted them to see first hand the natural superb skills I have and raw speed! I wanted them to go back home later that night to raise their hands up to the air to thank the gods above us for the life time opportunity they had to just witness a marvelous dislplay of superior kart control from Alex King, it's such an incredible treat!
Matt Magilke wrote:
Alex, are you racing two shifter classes?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

...Matt...kidding aside...I had plans to race both classes a coupe of times during the year...June + October as most likely and May + Sept as maybe. Why? I sincerely believe I am faster than Billy Musgrave. However, honestly speaking and at this exact time, he has just a bit of an edge over me. He is slightly faster. Give me a couple of months and the shifter kingdom at LAKC will have a new ruler, the ultimate rightful king, ME!!!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 am

Alex,
With the kid karts, we do have some room to make accommodations. If the two shifter groups are scheduled in the first two slots (April), we can move the KKs up a slot and separate the shifters. This might also be possible if the shifters are scheduled in the 4th and 5th slots (June). We can move the KKs back to 4th and you'll get your wish. Be careful, however, of what you wish for.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]