It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:51 am

Sundays cancellation 

Post Sundays cancellation
LAKC,
Would like to say that we are so heart broken over the whole ordeal. We have been plagued with bad luck on our season openers for years and I really thought we had all basis covered this year. Ordered the extra ambulance, went over the schedule 50 times to try and make all the classes fit on one short winter day. The rain looked like is was not going to be a problem. I actually got a good night sleep Friday.
Showed up Saturday and it looked like we where having a Grand National Event. Every shop from the four nearest states had a presents. Wow is all I could say. We brought out a notary to make sure all the kids where able to file an annual release to help with future lines. We had extra help coming in the morning. Everything was coming together. Then about 2 am. I woke up to what felt like a earthquake in my motor home. The wind had these really hard gusts. I attempted to go outside to look at what was going on but it was too dangerous. There was debris flying though the air, rocks and sand pelting my motor home, so I buckled down for what seamed like a eternity. About 5 am I spoke to Greg Jackson and he said the paddock was destroyed. He had someones trailer blow into the side of his motor home a good 50' and smash a fist size hole in it. I was parked in over flow because the pits where full is why I could not get over there. We will have our monthly meeting tomorrow night and I will report back to let everyone know what if anything we can do to try and help out.
Again I thank all the racers,shops and supporters for making LAKC so great and hope to see you all at our March race. Lets hope that we can have the best year yet and maybe just maybe that will help with all the losses.
We are truly sorry for what mother nature though our way.
Chris LaTorre
President

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sundays cancellation
I just recently learned about the severity of the damages and I am sorry to hear that people experienced damages and losses - it's really unfortuante. I hope that all turn out OK at the end of the day. The outlook for this LAKC's season is looking very positive and exciting - looking forward to March!

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Post Re: Sundays cancellation
We were out at the track Sunday morning too...it really looked like a bomb had gone off in the paddock with all the carnage. The decision to cancel the race was unquestionably correct. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to those who suffered damage and losses as a result of the extreme winds.

Apparently mother nature decided we should all have another couple of more weeks to build the anticipation toward another great season run by LAKC. See everybody back at CalSpeed on the 17th.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm