It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 am

Night Racing? 

Post Night Racing?
I'm fairly new to LAKC, though I have raced with you guys a few times in the past. It seems to me that LAKC is doing much better than any other club on this side of the country -- in terms of membership and race entries. That said, nice work and keep it up.

Now on to my question: Everyone knows Calspeed gets mega hot in the summer and I've seen more than one driver make the trip to the hospital with heat stroke after a tough main event. Since LAKC is doing so well (at least in my perception), do you have funding and/or planning to eventually put in lights? This would allow for night races in the summer, and in cases where events might run a bit long due to delays, you could finish up mains without cutting races short.

If it's a case of licensing, contract agreements and such with Auto Club Speedway, I understand, but hurdles are meant to be climbed. Anyway, just wondering if (and hoping) you have plans for lights in the future.

Thanks,

Randy

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Post Re: Night Racing?
Randy,
Yes it does get very hot that's why I vote to take August off each year but the rest of the B.O.D. are die hard's and want to race. What do I know!
Well we have looked into exactly that "racing at night" and here are the problems.
1.we race on Sundays and in August it starts to cool at lets say 5, 6 pm. We race for 10 hour days so we would race until 2 AM? That does not work for our Minor drivers.
2.the lights, and we have to use the APPROVED vendor are thousands of dollars. That money would have to come from somewhere more then likely have to cut back on giveaways.
3.running Saturday night is not available.

Drink lots of water the day before the race and all day of the race and we will see you in August.
:) :D

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 am
Profile WWW

I am blistering fast under night racing conditions.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 am
Site Admin

Alex King wrote:
I am blistering fast under night racing conditions.

It's unfortunate that will not help you win an LAKC Championship :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm

could always race at another location within LA that is potentially already set up with lights for night racing...I doubt lakc wants to venture outside of CalSpeed though :sh would make for an interesting race though

#77 PRD Masters
www.facebook.com/luckyse7enracing

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 pm