It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS - KING RETIRES FROM THE SPORT 

Post BREAKING NEWS - KING RETIRES FROM THE SPORT
VeloceNews
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Irvine, California, USA

Brazilian Superstar Alex King has shocked the world of motorsports by announcing his retirement from premier level of international motorsports, in a last minute press conference held outside of his American vacationing home in Irvine, California.

"This is it! I know that there have been a number of rumors and I have myself gone on and off on this subject but this time is real and this time is final. I have spoken with members of Team ARG. I have spoken with members of MFG Technology Centre. And I have spoken with my family. I am retiring from this sport."

The MFG factory pilot however, is expected to make his final appearance this Sunday at LAKC - his final race of his career.

"Yes, I am looking forward to Sunday and to say goodbye to my fellow competitors and officials from LAKC. It's going to be an emotional moment as I start going around the final lap of the Main, the final lap of my professional racing career."

The Brazilian ace ended his emotinal press conference by showing his appreciation to many in the karting community he has worked with over the years.

"I guess I have to start with David from Apex Racing School. Sure I have superb natural skills but David's training back in 1998 was critical and I credit him for some of the things I still apply today. Sir Kimball Williams also had a great influence on my driving as well - from back in 1998 until today we have maintained a positive relationship with testing sessions from time to time - he is one of the few that I totally trust. Woltjer Racing Engines was fantastic for me and critical in my 2005 championship title in Senior Sportsman. There are many, too many too list to be honest. But most recently, the entire Team ARG and MFG Technology Centre have been simply fantastic, a second family to me - so I particularly want to say that they have made things very enjoyable for me. Like I said, too many great guys along the years. 2Wild, Empire Karts and AccelerationKarting - always there for me too. And I have nothing but good things to say about the officials from SKUSA, Tri-C and LAKC - fantastic group. Specifically, Tri-C, always a special place for me since they introduced me to karting. Again, thank you all for many great memories. Sunday will be special."

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Following King's retirement announcement - total liquidation at MFG Technology Centre:

2011 KOSMIC Shifter Chassis - chassis only or race ready with Spec Honda.
2008 CRG Road Rebel Shifter Chassis - chassis only.
2008 CRG Road Rebel - race ready with Rotax.
MG Tires (FZ/Yellow) - brand new sets
Champion Radiator
Kart Stands
KOSMIC Factory Suit - brand new
Gearbox Suit - brand new
A LOT OF PARTS....

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Post Hot off the press!
Word on the streets says the Superstar might be trading in his Kart for a Stroller and Baby Crib :shock:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:09 am

German based a premier racing team – MFG KOSMIC GP – has officially withdrawn from this weekends LAKC World Championship Grand Prix in California. The team declined to comment on rumors that it has successfully concluded the sale of factory pilots Goebel’s GP chassis and King’s KOSMIC chassis and generated much concern among racing fans due to its down beat tone official press release:

“We regret to inform to our racing fans, partenrs and supporters around the world that due to certain actions beyond our controlled, we have been forced to withdraw from this weekend’s Grand Prix. We were certain of having our maiden victories in DeluXXe (Michael Goebel) and Spec Honda (Alex King), and we were prepared for a great goodbye celebration to King - but that you will see no more. We would like to thank the support from many of you over the years. The team and our pilots have enjoyed racing in America as we look forward to a new phase in our respective lives.â€

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am

Alex / Mike - Don't leave, don't leave me. who will call me at 1:30am on a tuesday morning to debat tires vs temps. Who will call me from foreign countries and let me listen to Michael Jacksons Beat it in German style.

Don't go, please, don't go.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:43 am