It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:22 pm

need technical service manual/ resources bottom end Votrex 

Post need technical service manual/ resources bottom end Votrex
Hey all,

Im getting back into karting and bought a ICC shifter kart off craigslist which of course had low hours on its rebuild… Turns out it has a box full of neutrals and most likely needs a bottom end job. I believe the motor is ICC Vortex ROK Shifter by matching pictures on the website. I am looking for a diy guide or other build resources for this motor, i believe i need to replace the shift forks atleast… I don't have alot of cash and would like to do the job myself vs. paying 800+ to have it done.

Anything helps, please point me in the right direction (no i dont want to buy a stock honda... ) to get back out on track and hopefully racing soon

Mike Korody

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Post Re: need technical service manual/ resources bottom end Votr
Hey Mike,

Good to see some more people getting back into karting! Any help you need just feel free to ask, the LAKC group is a great bunch of racers. As for your situation, I'd be glad to offer assistance for whatever you need. We're MRC (Musgrave Racing Company) and we're pretty darn good when it comes to shifter engines. We are a Vortex dealer, so we can get you any parts you need and answer any questions you have. Also, I know you said you'd rather do it yourself, but if you want to we can go through it for you for only $200.00 in full labor. That's cases split and completely rebuilt, + whatever parts are needed. We pride ourselves on being fast and honest, and will extend any help we can offer at the track as well.

If you have any questions or just want to talk, give me a call at (951)-500-7175

Always look forward to having another shifter rocking around the track.

Thanks,
Billy Musgrave

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks Billy,
That's a great deal ill take you up on it, I know you guys know what you are doing. I'm a student and only work part time... I need to wait until next month to save up enough so ill plan on calling early September. Cant wait to get back to kart racing and looking forward to having top notch drivers like yourself to race against!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:04 pm

No...No...No...Mike Please No...don't go to MRC!!! They are going to make your engine FAST. They are going to make your engine RELIABLE. They are going to make your kart package COMPETITIVE. They are going to take such a GOOD care of you that you are going to be overwhelmingly SATISFIED with karting...and because of that...you are going to keep doing it...racing it...and getting faster and faster...and that is really bad news for me, myself and I!!!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 pm

But seriously Mike. I would definitely recommend/suggest MRC. Certainly I am biased since I am one of their customers; however, I highlight that once upon a time...I wasn't. And once, I was quite disheartned w/ karting, I was set to quit it all together. But then I made a decision to give MRC a try - best karting decision I have made! Integrity and technical competence certainly go along w/ them. But also, the unconditional commitment they have to their customers...always acting in the best interest of their customers...has allowed MRC to enjoy much great success and growth and will certainly allow them to stand the test of time...in this tough tough tough business of karting.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Quote:
No...No...No...Mike Please No...don't go to MRC!!! They are going to make your engine FAST. They are going to make your engine RELIABLE. They are going to make your kart package COMPETITIVE. They are going to take such a GOOD care of you that you are going to be overwhelmingly SATISFIED with karting...and because of that...you are going to keep doing it...racing it...and getting faster and faster...and that is really bad news for me, myself and I!!!

Coming from a stock honda with no support i understand what you are getting at... I switch to spec miatas thinking i could race within my budget but they were expensive and slow... Driver development is the entire idea, which is why i picked a class with the Musgrave's yourself and all the other open shifter pilots i am yet to meet....

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Alex, you need to give yourself some credit as well

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm