It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Position One Motorsports IKF Region 11 Event Summary 

Post Position One Motorsports IKF Region 11 Event Summary
Hi everyone please allow me to introduce myself, my name is David Martinez and I am the Public Relations person for Position One Motorsports. I know many of you are familiar with Position One and know Luis so I wanted to begin posting our race reports on LAKC forum. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at david@position-one.com
-------------------------------
Coming off last weekend’s very successful IKF Region 7 race at Cal Speedway in which Position One Motorsports drivers, led by Bobby Kelley and Dylan Nobile, dominated the event with multiple wins and pole positions, the crew arrived this weekend in unfamiliar territory. This weekend’s NorCal Track Association- IKF Region 11 race in Reno, NV was a track the team had never been to and it was also the first opportunity for the Position One Motorsports team to debut their new chassis; the Maddox kart. Despite the challenges that awaited them, the team was looking to continue the success it has been having. This weekend the Position One Motorsports driver stable included Luis Martinez Jr., Bobby Kelley, and Dylan Nobile.

Saturday:
The forecast for the weekend called for thunderstorms but Mother Nature cooperated a bit and Saturday only saw light rain. Despite their unfamiliarity, the team rose to the challenge on Saturday and ended the day with what can only be deemed as a success. For the TaG Senior category, the team’s qualifying effort was led by Martinez who blistered the pace with a lap time of 49.880 seconds which was good enough for the pole position. Teammate Bobby Kelley followed Martinez in 2nd with a time of 49.985 seconds. The third member of the team, Nobile, qualified in 8th. Kelley went on to eventually win the Prefinal while Nobile captured 4th. Martinez suffered an engine failure and received a DNF. The Position One dominance returned during the Main race when Kelley rocketed off the start and never looked back. The youngster drove a flawless race and won the event in spectacular fashion, with Martinez trailing him in 2nd, 5.529 seconds behind. Nobile was not as fortunate and was unable to finish the race

Sunday:
With Saturday behind them and with renewed confidence, Position One Motorsports drivers and crew approached Sunday with the hopes of solidifying their success at the new and untested track. The first event was the IAME Cup/National Cup race. Once again Martinez led the charge and grabbed his second pole award of the weekend with a time of 49.960, while Kelley captured the 3rd starting spot and was followed by his teammate Nobile in 4th. The Prefinal saw Martinez launch himself off the start and dominate the event with the eventual win, with Kelley following 0.162 seconds behind him, to take the 2nd spot. Nobile’s bad luck continued though as he received another DNF on account of a broken throttle cable. Nobile would recover for the Main race and finish 3rd.

For the HPV 3 Senior category race, the team regrouped and Martinez got his third pole award of the weekend and followed that up with a 2nd place in the Prefinal, while Kelly would go on to qualify in 2nd and then went on to win the Prefinal.

About Position One Motorsports: After competing in the Formula TR Series in 2007 and 2006 and finishing 3rd in the Championship both years, Position One Motorsports entered the 2008 racing season looking to continue its success as a participant in the Whelen All American NASCAR Weekly Racing Series events at Southern California's Toyota Speedway at Irwindale. At the conclusion of the season the team finished 9th in the points. For 2009 Martinez and newcomer and NASCAR Drive for Diversity participant Mackena Bell, will race the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series at Toyota Speedway at Irwindale. Housed in a state-of-the-art facility in Southern California, Position One Motorsports continues to support an array of go-kart ventures.

For more information on Position One Motorsports and its partners, visit www.position-one.com

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]