It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Team Series - '2014' - get ready now!!! 

Post Team Series - '2014' - get ready now!!!
Hi All -

LAKC launched its Team Series in 2012 with '5' courageous teams competing in its innaugurual year - 2Wild Karting clinched the title that year! In 2013, LAKC made a few changes to the rules and increased payout ($5,000); consequently, the Team Series tripled its size with '15' amazing teams competing - Flemming Motorsports clinched the title and heads into 2014 as the defending champion!

With Round 1 just a month away, this is the time!!! LAKC is full of superstars - time to recruit them - and time for you to sign up to this fast growing and prestigious Team Series at LAKC. Will 2Wild Karting take back the title? Will Flemming Motorsports successfully defend its title? Or will we see another team (or perhaps) a new team going for the big cash prize this year?

During the next couple of days, I will be contacting all premier kart shops in Southern California (and surrounding area). I will also contact all other sponsors, engine suppliers, superb tuners and industry associated parties as an attempt to build up/consolidate a list of the team (and drivers) for the 2014 season - if you are interested - please text me or email me the following information:

Your Team Name
Your Driver (and his/her class) - need 4 in total

Also feel free to reach out with any questions or simply post them here.

Thanks,
Alex
949-677-0736
aking888@yahoo.com

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 am

Post Re: Team Series - '2014' - get ready now!!!
Alex is responsible for something. What a crazy world we live in... :sh

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:21 am

Some Team Series Details:
All class sponsors are included free of cost
Anyone can buy in for $500.00 per team
All team members must be LAKC members
Payout is as follows:
1st- $2,000.00
2nd-$1,200.00
3rd- $800.00
4th- $600.00
5th- $500.00
That's $5,100.00 in payouts.
If your team can place 5th or better you will get your money back.
The Big Trophy will only go to a SHOP. Not privateers will be able to take the cup home.
Do you have what it takes?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

BreakingNews - 2WILD SET TO RETURN IN 2014!!!

I have confirmation that Laguna Hills based OTK premier kart shop and racing team - 2Wild Karting - is returning to the LAKC Team Series Championship in 2014. As many of you know, 2Wild Karting clinched the title in the innaugurual season and barely missed successfully defending its champiionship title against Flemming Motorsports last year. They will be back - that is confirmed - what is not yet confirmed is their official line up - so to all of you karting superstars at LAKC...you better get going on your pre-season efforts...perhaps pay a visit to their shop...buy somethign while you are there...and hopefully you get signed up...good luck!

Anyone else interested in signing up, post question here or send me a text at 949-677-0736.

Thanks,

Alex
LAKC's Unofficial & Unauthorized Ambassador

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:07 pm

BreakingNews - BALDOZIER RACING IS READY!!!

Chino Hills based premier racing team - Baldozier Racing - has just confirmed its return to the 'Team Series Championship' at LAKC for the upcoming 2014 racing season. Speaking exclusively via phone this morning with LAKC's Team Series Unofficial Ambassdor Alex King, team boss (Frank Baldozier) appeared confident, excited and motivated has he confirmed the return and the readiness of his team.

Erik Jackson is set to lead the team by competing in both S4 and TAG Masters. The Long Beach Supertar has been pretty much absent from pre-season on track activities; however, KartPaparazzi reports that the FitnessGuru has been ferociously working his muscles at a local cross training facility. Connor Funk is joining the team, representing Baldozier Racing in PRD Senior. Shayne Western (spelling?) makes up the final pilot in the line up, set to compete in the new Comer Pilot Programme.

The 'Team Series Championship' was launched by LAKC in 2012 with a total of 5 teams in the inaugural season. With more than $5,000 cash award, the series grew to 15 teams in 2013. Given this trend, just imagine how 2014 will be...don't wait...LAKC is full of superstars...recruiit them now...and sign your team up ASAP. To sign up and/or for additional information, post here or text at 949-677-0736.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 am

MACK MOTORSPORTS - DETERMINED TO WIN IT ALL!!!

A third place finisher in the 2013 championship standing, MACK Motorsports is not satisfied as they are set to gear up its championship title efforts in the 2014 Team Series Championship at LAKC. Team boss (Lloyd Mack) has confirmed its return to this fast growing prestigious karting programme with the intent of entering a 'junior' team and possibly merging its efforts with another high profile shop - a second team - in a serious attempt to win it all.

Thus far, 2Wild Karting, Baldozier Racing Team and Mack Motorsports have officially confirmed its participation in the Team Series Championship - who is next? You better hurry...recruit your drivers...sign up today! And don't let that $5,000 go away!!!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:50 pm

MRC IS IN!!! ALL NEW LINE UP EXPECTED

MRC made its debut in the Team Series Championship last year – finishing in a respectable 7th place in the final championship standing. Nationally recognized as a premier shifter racing team and referred by many as one of the fastest growing companies in business of karting, the Corona based engine developer (and supplier of OTK and CRG products) has confirmed its return to the Team Series Championship in the upcoming season of 2014. Speaking exclusively with the LAKC’s Unofficial & Unauthorized Ambassador (Alex King), the young Billy Musgrave demonstrated personal enthusiasm and commitment over the Team Series; however, declined to disclose any names by simply noting that all superstar pilots are under consideration by the team. A reliable source with close ties to MRC has reported to KartPaparazzi that no driver is guaranteed but that most likely, the team will have an all new line up for 2014.

For more information regarding products and services of MRC, visit www.musgraveracing.com

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi All -

Here is a quick update regarding the '2014' LAKC Team Series Championship:

Confirmed Teams - 'previously' reported:
- 2Wild Karting
- Baldozier Racing Team
- MRC
- MACK Motorsports

Confirmed Teams - 'newly' reported:
- NASH Motorsportz
- Acceleration Karting
- PSL So-Cal
- Empire Karts
- D Power Racing

I still have many follow up calls to make so I am expecting this list to increase - more to follow. Meanwhile, if you are a driver interested in participating in the Team Series Championship but you don't have a team - please get in touch with me as soon as possible as I might be able to get you in a team - need asap.

NOTE - final list of teams and its drivers (and its respective class) will be made available prior to our season opener.

Thanks,

Alex

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi -

Quick additional update(s):

- 2Wild Karting
- Baldozier Racing Team
- MRC
- MACK Motorsports
- NASH Motorsportz
- Acceleration Karting
- PSL So-Cal
- Empire Karts
- D Power Racing

- PGR (Phil Giebler Racing)
- Hyper Engines

Total = 11 teams...so far...

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi -

Quick additional update(s):

- 2Wild Karting
- Baldozier Racing Team
- MRC
- MACK Motorsports
- NASH Motorsportz
- Acceleration Karting
- PSL So-Cal
- Empire Karts
- D Power Racing
- PGR (Phil Giebler Racing)
- Hyper Engines

- Fleming Racing (as the defending champion)
- MAXX Motorsports (a new team joining the Team Series Championship)

Total = 13 teams...so far...

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:24 pm

ATTENTION - if you are a driver that would like to compete/participate in this Team Series but do not have a team, please contact me as soon as possible. I am workingo on the possibility of adding two additional teams that are not yet completed...so this could be your chance...don't miss it...asap please...you can text me at 949-677-0736 or email at aking888@yahoo.com...please never ever call me collect!!!

Enjoy!

Alex
Unofficial & Unauthorized LAKC Team Series Ambassador

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am

ATTENTION - TEAM MANAGERS - for purpose of clarity; if I have confirmed your team here that means you and I have connected. Tonight, I will send you all an email ask you to provide to me your list of drivers (names and respective classes). I am going to ask that you provide this information back to me by end of next Wednesday (02/05/14) so that we can make the information public; understanding however, that such list is subject to changes as allowed under the Team Series Rules - note the following critical deadlines:

- Prior to Next Wed (02/05/14) - your team must submit your list of drivers and respective classes (the "Tentative List").
- Prior to Round 2 - your team must submit list of drivers and respective classes (the "Official List").
- Prior to Round 5 - your team has an option to excercise up to 'two' driver changes; after Round 5, no more changes and list is final (the "Final List").

Thanks,

Alex

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks Alex for "unofficially" taking charge of promoting the team championship series at LAKC!

I do want to clarify one point, however, I don't believe a "tentative list" is required to field a team. I won't be scoring the team series until after the 2nd round of racing. So, if you miss the tentative list deadline, you will still be able to field a team if you post your official list prior to round #2... and pay the entry fee, of course.

On another note, we've just had a month of awesome weather to get prepared for the season opener... how many think we're going to need rain tires for the first round? :sh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:03 am

Correct - a team is not required to provide this tenative list per the rules;however, this is something that I am highly encouraging as it will smooth out the process and allow a bit more detailed coverage from KartPaparazzi - the unofficial LAKC media partner...in any event...if i am asking you to do something...don't fight it...just do it!!! Because I am telling you so!!! NOW!!!
Matt Magilke wrote:
...I do want to clarify one point, however, I don't believe a "tentative list" is required to field a team. I won't be scoring the team series until after the 2nd round of racing. So, if you miss the tentative list deadline, you will still be able to field a team if you post your official list prior to round #2... and pay the entry fee, of course.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 am

Statistics show that season openers at LAKC are always somewhat eventful...i suspect weather will play a big role this year again...this time...heavy rain! Please note that my driving skills on the wet are superb! I once spun off 18 times in a single lap but managed to do so without causing any damages!!! I like to see the Musgraves do that!!!
Matt Magilke wrote:
...On another note, we've just had a month of awesome weather to get prepared for the season opener... how many think we're going to need rain tires for the first round? :sh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 am