It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 am

Kal-Gard Challenge Rules 
Site Admin

Post Kal-Gard Challenge Rules

Los Angeles Kart Club Presents the KAL-GARD CHALLENGE

We want to introduce everyone to the latest program LAKC is offering for the Spec Honda and Open Shifter classes.

The Kal-Gard Challenge

The purse will be a minimum of $4,800.00 to be split between 2 classes at the end of the season. It will be paid to the top three drivers in both the Spec Honda and Open Shifter classes.
• 1st place $1,200.00
• 2nd place $700.00
• 3rd place $500.00
• (1) bottle of Kal-Gard 2 stroke oil will be provided by LAKC for $20.00 dollars which will be added to your entry fee at each event. Kal-Gard will be the spec. oil for both these classes.
• The first race of the Challenge is March 21, 2010 and will continue for the rest of the LAKC 2010 series. Your LAKC membership needs to be paid by the April race to qualify for the purse.
• The points will be based on your overall race day NOT just your main event. Points will be calculated using the Kal-Gard formula and will be based on your qualifying time as well as heat and main event finishing positions.
• You will be allowed (1) drop. A flagrant post tech DQ or Rough driving DQ will be scored as zero points and cannot be used a drop.
• All other DQ’s will be scored as last place points and can used as a drop.
• All other LAKC Class Structure rules apply.
• The Kal-Gard formula table is below.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Chris LaTorre
661-259-3668

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

I've reviewed all of the drop down information and I am unable to find the LAKC Formula that will be used for the Open/ Spec Classes, can someone please provide US with a hyperlink?

Thanks in advance

Elbert Thompson

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:07 pm

still being drafted. I did not want to wait any longer to post 90% of the rules and Info. It will be posted soon.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:18 pm
Profile WWW

Chris, thanks for the information, apparently a few people thought I was the LAKC AmbassashiFter. I have directed 6 people to keep an eye out for the update via text messaging.

Keep up the great job and make sure you bring a few extra PITTS decals for my 2010 Kart design.

E.T.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Post Update
Kal-Gard rules have been updated and posted to the downloads tab (bottom right). It includes the points formula table. Sorry, I tried placing it here but it does not display well.

http://www.lakc.org/content/downloads.html

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Dan, thanks for the post. I'm sure there will be an explanation of the formula during the drivers meeting for all the shifter guys who might have questions.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Post e.t
Each driver will earn points for Qualifying,heat and main based on the posted Formula.( Example if you are on pole,win the heat and main you will earn 195 total points and so on) The top three points leaders in each class will share the money. The minimum purse is posted based on what we think the entry count will be. If there is a lot of entries the purse can also grow. Basically $20.00 per entry per class ( stock and open shifter) for 8 races will total the purse to be divided between the two classes. Also remember the challenge starts this weekend and 1 drop is allowed.I here the turn out is going to be good.
If we have really big fields we still have time in the schedule to separate the two classes for the best possible racing.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:14 am
Profile WWW

Post It's Not to Late
Come take your chances at the Money. It's not to late to sign up and race for the Money. We allow one drop and this is our second race so there is no excuse why we will not see you this weekend. Come joint the fun and competitive racing LAKC has to offer.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 am
Profile WWW