It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:17 pm

New Class for 2011 

Bring back 3 hole can and hard tires :lol:

Mike G.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:41 am

I heard someone plans on doing that next year. We will have to wait and see. But it will not be with LAKC.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

Post Grand Masters
To prevent potential confusion between this LAKC Class and the IKF PRD Masters class, the LAKC class will be called PRD Spec Grand Masters.

Geno & Larry - Excellent points on innovation. We agree. The club (i.e. Chris L.) is working and will soon disclose a program that at its heart addresses what you are talking about - a capability based class structure. Age is not always the discriminator for capability. Thanks for your patience as we work toward something we can disclose (has enough definition).

Geno - Joking on forums is tuff to pull off. I took the plunge and now regret it, especially since I was talking on behalf of the board. I am sorry about what I said. Being able to put weight where you want it can be an advantage. I would press on with your fitness program. Regarding 390lbs, how many of your eligible peers can make 375lbs? Lastly, from what i am hearing, it may only take one race for this new class to earn its own group. There's a lot of buzz about it.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Post Re: Grand Masters
Thanks very much Dan, I appreciate that.

I know people put weight on their karts all the time. I bet Dane LaTorre did to make 375 for the last race which he won! :wink:

Since this conversation began, I drilled my seat for more weight. I was working on the kart, and got motivated and put the holes in there… so the worst part is over! :shock:

No problem, I’m planning on running with the Masters. That would be great if we can run in our own group. That is really the MAIN point of it all. A more balanced safety outlook, competitive spirit, camaraderie, etc… Sounds good, I’ll be there.

I hope you are still looking at age, when you say: “Age is not always the discriminator for capabilityâ€

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm