It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 am

tires 

Post tires
we will stay with the current tires until the end of our 2011 season. Sorry about all the confusion but there is plenty of the old compound and we see no need to make racers who have raced all reason on one compound switch to another this late in the season. When we first started talking about this supply was a concern but that just is not the case. Hope this will help save the races money.
Chris LaTorre
Club President

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

That is a problem Chris. It was already announced here by a board member that we could use the new tires. I've got a set mounted already to go... Further it has been said all year we were going to switch, I think it's the end of the season for us, and we should be able to test some things under race conditions for next year.

I think its worse since the club previously said we could use them, and it was given the OK in the thread below by an officer over a week ago

http://www.lakc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11178#11178

Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Geno, we all realize this but in the best interest of the majority we will not allow the new Bridgestone tire to be used until next year. This is what all the other clubs and series have decided to do also.
Where did you get the new tire anyway? They have not even been released to any dealers in the south of the state yet??

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:07 pm
Profile WWW