It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:40 am

2014 updates 

Post 2014 updates
I want to thank everyone for a great season. We had a rough start due to Mother Nature, but our final race of the season will go in the record books. It was our largest turnout since we have been racing at Cal Speed over 10 years now. We have a great staff that is very dedicated towards providing our very best. The days are long and very hot at times. I thank all of the LAKC crew for making our race day a whole lot smoother.

I hear lots of talk about LAKC moving or changing venues. We just had our largest turnout to date, that would be just stupid. We have posted the 2014 race dates on the Homepage under “Schedule”. We have our year end Banquet December 8th at Cal- Aero Aviation Country Club in Chino Hills.

I want to remind everyone that we are now changing our specified tires to Vega FH in place of the YLC and Vega SL-3 NordhAm in place of the YKC. All SKUSA class tires will remain the same as 2013. See your local dealer for the new tires. RLV is the exclusive distributor of the tire on the West Coast.

Class changes are as follows. We will be eliminating the following classes from the 2014 class list: Kid Kart C51 Comer, KPV-1, KPV-2, Rotax Grand Masters, Rotax Senior, Rotax Senior Pilot. We will be adding the following classes to the 2014 class list. TaG Masters per SKUSA rules, Junior 1 Comer Pilot (mandatory for all Rookie Cadet Drivers)
The goal is to eliminate one run group so we can get back to two warm up sessions in the morning.
We will have lots of other great things to offer next year like our Team Series, lots of money classes and some new programs that will be presented when they are finalized. It will be another great season of racing with LAKC.
Chris LaTorre
President

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:40 am
Profile WWW