It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Extremely new to karting 

Post Extremely new to karting
Just introducing myself and hopefully get a chance to meet others and provide help in karting.

Hopefully I will be starting in junior class in 2014 season. Assuming of course the knowledge and experience, Kart & required equipment fall into place since we are in a limited budget for each season.

I am 14 yrs. old and new to karting and only taken a few laps around Adams and Apex. My dad just purchased a KPV 100 Top Kart for me and we are still in our learning phase. I have no background in racing other than my extreme interest in all kinds of racing.

Wondering if anyone with experience in junior class or any class can share their know-how in terms of equipment or preparation, racing line, braking points, throttle response, etc....?

Thank you,
Kyle

Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Post Re: Extremely new to karting
Kyle,
It's a little hard to do that on the written response but on most practice days and always on the saturday practice before one of our races there is lots of people out there to help. You can do some lead and follow to see the lines. Meet people. Everyone is very helpful (until) you are fast.
:)

Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 am
Profile WWW

Ditto what Chris said. Come out to meet fellow drivers, compare notes, and get your seat time. Calspeed is a fairly wide and really clean track which makes it great for learning. Don't wait too long to enter a race. Competition naturally puts drivers of similar capability next to each other where you can more easily learn from each other and then you can start working your way to the front. Good luck Kyle. Welcome!

Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. Hope to see and meet everyone soon.

Wed May 08, 2013 7:14 pm