It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 am

kpv- new rules 2011 

Post kpv- new rules 2011
☞620.53 Clutch: Komet Piston Port spec drum clutch model #D-71840 is the only legal clutch. It is to be run as manufactured. No modifications allowed. All components are subject to be compared to known stock. No oiling or greasing of clutch. Stall speed not to exceed 5000 rpm maximum.
☞620.53.1 Clutch Specifications: Drum ID maximum is 85.8mm (3.3805â€

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

I just want to clarify...the rules in the posting state that a "pipes marked by Horstman" are required for 2011 (optional 2010). Is this true? I would like to try avoiding one our attorney friends bringing up rulebook interpretation issues later.

Kirk

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 am

I do not profess to be a expert at anything. This posting is a cut and past from the question presented to Mr. John Motley and it looks like he got it out of the rule book. Because John writes this part of the book for the most part and he is an expert at what he does I will forward your question to him for the correct answer.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 am
Profile WWW

Chris(L), I understand that you are not be the authority in this area. I would just like to bring attention to someone (on ekartingnews.com) that likes to post /reference anything that is printed. As most will see here, what is printed may not be correct or was intended.

Again, I fully respect you, the time you and other club member dedicate in makingLAKC one of the best karting clubs in the country.

Kirk
chris latorre wrote:
I do not profess to be a expert at anything. This posting is a cut and past from the question presented to Mr. John Motley and it looks like he got it out of the rule book. Because John writes this part of the book for the most part and he is an expert at what he does I will forward your question to him for the correct answer.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:09 am

From John, this was the response from the question Kirk asked.

What will happen, as soon as the 2011 Rule Book is in our hands is a clarification will be issued. I believe we will allow both Horstman and KPV pipes for a period of time, probably until the Nationals and then require only KPV. This a bit complicated as originally there was not going to be be a KPV3 pipe and both versions require different measurements which make it difficult for both the racer and tech. Note that I said I believe, not guarantee.

So to be clear this is The IKF head tech answer given.
Chris

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 pm
Profile WWW