It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Rotax Update 

Post Rotax Update
Here is an update from Marc Miscione, our LAKC Rotax Program Series Director:

Hello to all of our LAKC Rotax racers. I will be assisting LAKC as the new Rotax Program Director for our 2011 season. I just wanted to introduce myself and thank all of our members for your continued support of our series.

Going forward, there are a few important updates that you should be informed of. As a United States Rotax Max Challenge (USRMC) Series, we are bound by certain rules and regulations that are written by the USRMC. These are designed to keep the competition on a level playing field.

On our website, we have a "Rotax" tab, were pertinent information is located. Many of our racers who race regionally and nationally may already be informed on these updates. For those who are not aware, I would like to take the time to explain some of the important information regarding rule updates and policies we will be enforcing this year.

• As of this year, all Rotax racers competing at LAKC races will be required to have an active USRMC license.
• Unfortunately, we will not be paying for our Rotax racer's membership fees this year as we have the last couple of years. We have decided to give away prizes to our top three finishers in each class instead. There will be an announcement regarding the terms of this at a later date.
• We will be paying the $5.00 per race sanctioning fee for all LAKC registered club members.
• You will need to have your license no later than our March 13th race in order to get credit for our February 13th race and the remaining races the season. Applications are located on our website under the "Rotax" tab.
• Since we are a registered USRMC Series, all racers who have a current USRMC license will receive punches towards the US Nationals. (4 punches required)
• We will not be enforcing the rule that states "You must have a 2008 or later cylinder" to compete in Micro Max, Mini Max, Junior Max and Senior Max. This rule only applies to those members who are planning on competing at the Nationals.
• We will allow "new style" and "old style" clutches to be used for all classes.
• Only "new style" air boxes will be accepted.
• The 2011 Carburetor rules will be enforced per the Rotax Technical Bulletin dated November 10, 2010. (Please see this under our "Rotax" tab on the website).
• Spec fuel and oil will be VP-93 with XPS oil at 50:1 ratio.
• Power Valve and Lambda sensors will not be allowed. Any existing bungs on pipes from Lambda sensors can be plugged.

All other rules will be enforced per the USRMC rules and regulations. For more information on the specifics you can go to www.gorotax.com.
We have also posted most of these items under our "Rotax" tab as well. We will update these items as new information becomes available.

Below is a list of the items that are currently listed:

2011 Rotax Rules & Information
• 2011 RMax Membership Application
• 2011 Rotax Age Structure
• 2011 Rotax Class Structure
• 2011 Grand Nationals Press Release
• 2011 RMax Rules
• 2010 Nov 12 Tech Bulletin
• 2010 US Technical Supplemental
• Clutch Bearing & Seal Instructions
• Clutch Warning

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at lakc.rotax@gmail.com. I look forward to working together with all our Rotax racers as we get rev'd up for another year of exciting racing.

Regards,

Marc Miscione

LAKC Rotax Program Director

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:07 pm