It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

LAKC & RLV Offer Free Money & 4 New Classes 

Post LAKC & RLV Offer Free Money & 4 New Classes
LAKC and RLV are joining forces to offer three programs to attract new racers to our sport.

1. PRD Startup Program: To offer a $40.00 discount for the first 20 entries to any of the PRD classes for the February and March races.

2. PRD New Purchase Program: To significantly reduce the cost of racing to racers that purchases a new chassis and PRD package. $920 in savings.

3. PRD Recruit Program: To bring new racers to the sport by offering a lap time based series. Begins in March. Four new classes:

-PRD Spec Senior (1) Pilot and (2) Officer
-PRD Spec Grand Master (3) Pilot and (4) Officer

Here are are few Q&A to help determine your eligibility.

Please review the material and if you have specific questions, please ask us.

LAKC would like to thank RLV, Bridgestone, Empire Karting, FTK, G-Phactory, Pitts Performance, Tony Kart West, and 2WildKarting for helping us put these programs together and participating in the programs.

Thank you,

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Post PRD JR1
Unfortunately LAKC doesn't offer JR1 PRD so we can't take advantage of this offer. In our area Socal Sprinters, Tri-c and Cal State will offer JR1 PRD this year.
At LAKC if it is ran combined with MiniMax it would probably increase turnout for MiniMax as well making JR TAG field larger and more competitive.
BTW Cal State series is running MiniMax combined with JR1 PRD.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks Dan, Chris, Art, et al... This is great to see the club getting behind the PRD. I've been a PRD fan since I started karting 2.5 years ago. I liked the PRD ad message 'all the fun 1/2 the price'.

It's looking to be a really good season, with more PRDs than ever, and great to have a Senior and Master program, which nobody else is offering.

See you Sunday.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Geno :"with more PRDs than ever, and great to have a Senior and Master program, which nobody else is offering."

Geno.. there is another Club offering these PRD Classes since 2010..and it is not a surprise for me LAKC offering these Classes now when they refused them no long time ago...pure business and politics

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Geno.. there is another Club offering these PRD Classes since 2010..and it is not a surprise for me LAKC offering these Classes now when they refused them no long time ago...pure business and politics

I was going to change the punctuation in that last post to emphasis the spec PRD "master" class, (which I was referring to) and which I haven't seen at other clubs yet, senior classes have been around for some time, and PRDs continue to grow in popularity.

IMO the club is doing a good job, though there does seem to be many 'political' commenters around... <ahem> 8)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:46 pm
We definetly dont need JR1 PRD at LAKC, we already have the option of running Junior 1, KPV1, MiniMax. At least in Cadet, we dont need more classes, we need less classes for a bigger field of drivers.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:03 pm

We definetly dont need JR1 PRD at LAKC, we already have the option of running Junior 1, KPV1, MiniMax. At least in Cadet, we dont need more classes, we need less classes for a bigger field of drivers.

I am surprise any one can be so sure about what LAKC needs. In the kart club scene things move quickly, people talk with their feet/wallets and clubs adjust.

Look at it logically; total count for Rotax JR, MiniMax (only 3 karts) and Jr2 PRD was 7, if you add 3-4 or even 10 JR1 PRDs it will make track look less deserted. Perfect spot for a low risk experiment with a new class.

I can't see KPV surviving competition from PRD for more than a few more years, number just don't add-up. And when was the last time you got a rebate from KPV? RLV is local and with Horstman out of the HPV picture, I would rather support local company that gives back locally to the sport.

We have 3 K-80s, KPV1, MiniMax and JR1 PRD. PRD is the most clear choice for me for local/regional racing.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:25 pm
the way i look at is that i can run Junior 1 or KPV1 or MiniMax here at LAKC or Socal or Tri C or almost every track from here to back East, i dont see that with Junior1PRD. just like your trying to promote your class(Jr1PRD) i am too, why would i want to go spend more money on other motors(specially not proven to last) if i already have 3 different types(Komer,Minimax,KPV) i can run anygiven weekend on anygiven track from here to East. anyways that what i think ( and i dont know much).

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Post Re: PRD JR1
Edward Polunin wrote:
Unfortunately LAKC doesn't offer JR1 PRD so we can't take advantage of this offer. In our area Socal Sprinters, Tri-c and Cal State will offer JR1 PRD this year.
At LAKC if it is ran combined with MiniMax it would probably increase turnout for MiniMax as well making JR TAG field larger and more competitive.

LAKC offered JR PRD last year and it ran with MiniMax, and the numbers didn't look to good if you ask me. Here is what I see from MyLaps

Jan - 2
Mar -1
April - 2
May - 1
June, July, August - 0
Oct - 0
Nov - 1

So it was offered and nobody showed

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:30 pm

jrancini - if you have any interest in PRD (now or later this year), you will want to check out our New Purchase Program.

Ed - Correct, Jr PRD is not a 2011 Championship Class for the reason Scott Weeks outlined. However, we will find a group for you if you want to race with our series. You ARE eligibile for the PRD Startup Program discount. It is not limited to our Championship Classes.

Quote:
Unfortunately LAKC doesn't offer JR1 PRD so we can't take advantage of this offer.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Post Re: PRD JR1
Scott Weeks wrote:
Edward Polunin wrote:

LAKC offered JR PRD last year and it ran with MiniMax, and the numbers didn't look to good if you ask me. Here is what I see from MyLaps

Jan - 2
Mar -1
April - 2
May - 1
June, July, August - 0
Oct - 0
Nov - 1

So it was offered and nobody showed

My post was about JR1 PRD, not JR PRD (JR II). To my knowlege JR1 PRD was never ran at LAKC. JR1 PRD is comparable to Rotax MiniMax.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:43 am

There will be NO PRD-1 class offered at all in 2011. Sorry

IF we get 5 or more PRD-2 that plan in advance and get it approval we may be able to combined them with the Jr.Rotax group. This class is already a mixed class and we do not want one or two showing up unannounced and causing problems with the existing championship classes already approved for the year.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Profile WWW

Post Gears
Any idea what the spec gears will be?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Post Gear
Spec gears are listed in PRD Rules:

http://www.lakc.org/content/downloads.html

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:31 pm