It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:18 am

Win an IndyCar 2-seater ride at Long Beach 

Post Win an IndyCar 2-seater ride at Long Beach
Cal State Karting Series will be raffling off the experience of a lifetime - a ride in a 2-seat IndyCar during the Long Beach Grand Prix on Friday, April 15. A ride during the Long Beach Grand Prix is typically reserved for celebrities and Fortune 500 CEOs, however, Cal State series organizer Rob Niles has secured a ride in the specially modified 150+ MPH IndyCar and will announce the lucky winner during the series' second race at Adams Motorsports Park on April 3.

"A 2-seater IndyCar ride during the Long Beach Grand Prix is quite simply a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," stated Niles. "That said, I fully expect to see some of our current Cal State karters racing at Long Beach in the near future. But for now, this is the closest most people will ever get to turning a lap around the famous circuit."

Raffle tickets are available for purchase as part of the online registration process and will also be available during onsite registration at Adams. The drawing will be held just before the start of the mains on Sunday, April 3. Anyone can purchase a raffle ticket, including family and friends, however there are age and size restrictions for the 2-seater ride - at least 18 years of age and a maximum height of 6'5" and weight of 250 pounds.

In addition to the 2-seater ride at Long Beach, Cal State announced earlier this week its' involvement in the Mazda Road to Indy Scouting Combine wherein the highest points-scoring racer in a single class will be awarded a test drive in a USF2000 National Championship formula race car in November.

"The Cal State Karting Series is all about recognizing our drivers and rewarding our supporters," said Niles. "Our entire organization is dedicated to providing the best value to our racers, teams, sponsors, and fans, both on and off track. I'm happy and proud that our promotional efforts are starting to come to fruition."

To register or purchase raffle tickets, please visit http://www.calstatekarting.com/registration.php

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm
Profile WWW

Post Price of Raffel ticket
So I was hoping someone would ask but since it took so long I picked up the phone and spoke with Rob and your not going to believe this.

The price of the tickets is only $20.00 for a chance of a life time ride.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Do you need to be present at the drawing to win?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

wished I lived closer! I'll be at the IndyCar race at Barber next month - wish they were doing the same thing there...

Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:58 am

Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 am