It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 am

2011 One Lap of America 
Site Admin

Post 2011 One Lap of America
Fellow Karters-

I just wanted to let you know that I am competing in the 2011 One Lap of America event. http://www.onelapofamerica.com

The event starts on Saturday 4/30 and runs continuously until Saturday 5/7.

I have been dreaming about driving in this event since I first read about in Car & Driver magazine when I was 12 years old.

The annual One Lap of America (OLOA) event is the toughest 8 days of racing featuring the fastest street-legal cars on America’s most challenging racetracks! Nearly twenty-four hours a day driving with competitions taking place as time trials on race tracks throughout the country. The event, as it always has been, is foremost one of endurance and vehicle preparation. No support crews are allowed. The tires that are used on the street are the same ones that are raced on (one set per team). Although scoring is based on performance at the race tracks, the vehicles and their drivers must survive over 3500 miles of driving interspersed with the finest meals available at gas station convenience stores.

We setup a website that will showcase our participation in the entire event. We will be posting Photos and Videos daily along with the Blog posts throughout the races.

I hope you will check it out and follow along with us. We even have a GPS unit from TomTom that will enable you to Track us during the event in “Real Timeâ€

Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:10 am

Very Cool Jarrod, I will be in Indiana tomorrow. wish I was staying long enough to see the first day of events.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:53 pm