It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 am

Mfg’s Michael Goebel fastest 

Post Mfg’s Michael Goebel fastest
German Superstar Michael Goebel was left feeling upbeat after practicing at Cal Speedway Motorsports Park on Friday afternoon May 8th, claiming his best practice time since taking the pole position in 2005 at his first ever shifter kart race at Moran Speedway. The mfg Kosmic GP man will be expected to be lining up on the pole for the up coming LAKC race on May 22nd, and is optimistic of a strong race after also managing to save a set of the softer Option MG tyres.

"I’m very happy for all of us at mfg Kosmic GP, I think we’ve done really well to come back from the difficult shoulder surgery last year and all the way to where we are now," Goebel commented. "We’re getting ever closer to where we want to be and that’s really nice.

"Today was a good day again, I got everything right, I think the setup and everything worked well and qualifying will go very well on the 22nd. I even saved one set of MG tires for the next test day, which is very positive also for the race."

Mike G.

Sun May 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Post MFG FIRES ALEX KING???
BREAKING NEWS -

Unconfirmed reports this morning are suggesting that Brazilian star Alex King has been fired by MFG for failure to perform his marketing and promotional responsibilities. The reports claim MFG's displeasure with the low posting activity at the LAKC website from the 2009 California State Champion.

Wed May 11, 2011 8:31 am

Post EXCLUSIVE - THE PERFECT RACING LINE CAPTURED!!!
SpyReport - Despite the efforts from MFG KOSMIC GP to limit the presence of the international press at CalSpeed last Friday, hidden cameras installed by SpyReport caputred for the very first time - the perfect racing line for turns 1, 2 and 3 at Southern California's premier racing track - pioneered by the sensational German pilot Michael Goebel:

Image (alt+p)

Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Post brazilian superstar
Is it true that the Brazilian Ace Pilot Alex King will be entering the LAKC grand prixl on May 22nd ? Will he be abandoning the stock moto class to vie for the title in the Deluxxe class ? Also will there be an autograph session prior to qualification...my grandkids would like him sign his autograph or will he duck out of his 3rd straight Grand Prix and sip Kool aid from the sidelines ??Please do not let your fans down Senor King !! The kids can only take so much disappointment.

One of many fans...with an inquiring mind !! :0)

Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Due to a demanding personal schedule, I must admit that I hardly post personal messages on internet forums; however, I am very mindful of the powerful image I have among young racing fans and how they look up to me. I must say that I will instruct my management team to ensure your grandkids dreams come true on the 22nd - as I will personally set time aside to meet them for pictures and autographs - I will delay the international press conference at 10AM to meet with your grandkids. In regards to the class I will be racing next Sunday, this is up to MFG KOSMIC GP senior management - they may want me to enter the Open Class to race together with DeluXXe in order to assist my teammate Goebel by specifically blocking Chris Curtis or they may instruct me to race Spec Honda to end 48-months of Musgrave domination - i just follow instructions.

Your always humble,

Superstar Alex King

Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 am

Post may 22nd grand prix of fontana
My grandchildren are elated at the expectation of meeting the most decorated of brazilian international racing champion ever to enter the los angeles grand prix of fontana...they will have trouble sleeping saturday night with the expectation of such a meeting !!

thank you Senor King for humbling yourself enough to post your agenda for autographs on the 22nd....I will attempt to keep the media at bay long enough so the grandchildren can a little one on one time with you !

It would be awesome if we could include the german super ace team mate Michael Goebel at the autograph session as well....if you 2 mega stars do not mind sharing the glory...I am sure with the humbleness I have witnessed on this forum between the 2 of you....nothing else would be anticipated.

your grateful fan.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:34 pm

I am delighted to know that I will fulfill your grand kids dream as I have done to millions of other racing fans around the globe. I hope that you won't mind them to be surrounded by MFG's umbrella girls - I am contractually obligated to be around them on all internation racing events.

In regards to your question related to my MFG KOSMIC GP teammate - Michael Goebel - you will have to seek an answer directly with him. As you may have read in the media - Goebel and I do not see eye to eye and are not on speaking terms. I do not mind being in the same room as him during the autograph session - as long as he is on the other side of the room.

Sincerely,

Superstar Alex King
2009 California State Champion

Tue May 17, 2011 9:22 am

Post may 22
Fantastic Senor Ace Pilot King...I do not care if your umbrella girls are in the media room with my grandchildre...as long as the larger of the 2 does not attempt to set in the same lawnchair he is sitting in...I have grown attached to my grandsons and do not wish them squished !! I am assumming they will be wearing ankle bracelets and will be tracked by GPS the whole time they are at the track for everyone's protection...we look forward to satuday...I will attempt to lure the German ace from his portable headquarters to the media event since you have no qualms for him being there as long as he is on the other side of the event...we will lure him with snitzel and beer ! Gracias Senor King !!

Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 am

MFG KOSMIC GP heads to the fourth round of the LAKC world championship this weekend confident of a victory. The possibility of a wet/dry event is setting the German based team hopes very high.

"We hope for a wet race or at least a wet/dry condition as we excel under such conditions. Back in October 2006, on Goebel's shifter debut, he put it on pole at ProKart Challenge - that was wet/dry qualifying session. Back in November 2009, we saw a total domination by King and Goebel, with King becoing California State Champion and Goebel becoming Vice-Champion. Facts are facts."

The facts are indeed in favor of MFG who continues to seek factual documentation supporting Chris Curtis eligibility to race in the DeluXXe class.

"Mr. Curtis is a pilot that has been testing at Calspeed EVERY single Wednesday since the last GP - that is EVERY single Wednesday - and that is not right, it is against the sportsmanship code. He wants to do that to dominate the DeluXXe class, well, he better be prepared to show satisfactory documentation that he is eligible for DeluXXe. We don't think he is and we are going to file a petition to LAKC World Governing Council to prevent the entry of Mr. Curtis in the DeluXXe class. We think he should race against Billy Musgrave instead."

Despite MFG's protest - should American pilot Chris Curtis be allowed to race in DeluXXe - all eyes will be on him as he is expected to dominate the class given the 32-hours of practice time he has put since last April. Anything but a victory for Curtis will be considered a disappointment - will he deliver it? Be sure to be there on Sunday and watch the most intense shifter battle - gates open at 11AM - first practice for DeluXXe and Spec Honda is on at 1PM.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:13 am

Post may22
AS the leading German racer to enter the grand prix of fontana Mr Goebel we would request and beseach your presence in the media tent prior to qualification on race day May 22nd for autograph's and pictures. We understand that you and your teammate Senor King are not on speaking terms at the moment so we will have the opposite side of the media area saved especially for you !

We would hope that we could keep your umbrella girls on the opposite side of the tent so they would keep from fighting with the other umbrella girls from Senor King's side.

thank you in advance mein comrade....( I am a proud German too !)

Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

BREAKING NEWS - MFG KEEN IN SIGNING JOHN KRAM

In an effort to dominate the Constructor's Championship at the LAKC World Championship - MFG KOSMIC GP - is set to offer a 2-year contract to German star John Kram - adding a third German pilot to the 'galacticos' satus MFG team. MFG addressed to the latest speculations during today's press conference at LAX:

"It is no secret that Musgrave Racing is the dominating force in shifters in America and around the world for that matter. They have dominated LAKC for the past 1,460 days. At this moment of the present time, both Billy and Willy are untouchable in Spec Honda - though we know they are very concerned w/ the arrival of Alex King. Rick has the upper hand in DeluXXe but we know that they know that we know they are very concerned given the competition coming from BlackBullet, Every Wednesday Practice Chris Curtis and our own German national hero golden hands the helmet Michael Goebel. At Open Class, Butts and Motgomery seems to be the men to beat but Musgrave Racing has Nelson there and we want to fight in that class too. So it make sense to hire the best pilot in Open Class and John Kram is the ideal choice - he is naturally fast and with the support of MFG Technology Centre, he can certainly beat Butts, Montgomery and Nelson."

The international media speculation in regards to the arrival of another pilot with superstar status at MFG is reported to be the reason for this weekend's sold out event. ATTENTION - ALL SPEC HONDA, DELUXXE AND OPEN SHIFTER - gates open for you at 1PM and you go to first practice at 2PM.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Mfg Kosmic GP’s ultimate target this year is to beat the Musgrave works team in all categories. Those are the feelings of Team Manager Golden Hands German Superstar Michael Goebel, who is looking to add a 3rd member to challenge for the Open Shifter title. At the moment I must agree with my less competent teammate, Alex King, that John Cram is the best-suited candidate. He has shown signs of brilliance on occasion. With the psychological motivational techniques of Alex King and the German technical superiority of German Superstar “The Helmetâ€

Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Despite a dissapointingly slow start to his season, DCD's Chris Curtis is certain he can still claim the title. Robbed of his first podium finish of the year in April( mechanical failure due to sabotage), and after carrying out his own statistical comparison between wednesday and wednesday, Curtis believes his championship fight is far from over, as long as the team continues to improve...

Tue May 17, 2011 3:32 pm

mfg technology is not concerned with the less than spectacular incremental marginal increase in performance at DCD and its driver Chris Curtis. At mfg we have preformed our own statistical analysis of the remote chance of Chris Curtis making his way to the podium on May 22nd and we have concluded that if mfg drivers didn’t even show up we would still finish better than the DCD driver. At this time mfg has been considering just coming out for the autograph session so as not to demoralize and humiliate the rest of the competition in the DeluXXe class.

mfg

Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

KING - "RADIATOR GIVES MUSGRAVE THE EDGE"

VeloceNews - International motorsports correspondent - Jonathan Ross - spoke exclusively this afternoon with Brazilian superstar Alex King as he waited private jet to be pulled out at the Guarulhos Aeroporto Internacional in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Ross - Thank you for taking the time to meet with me.

King - Please hurry up w/ your questions because I need to fly up to America right now.

Ross - Yes Sir. How are you feeling heading to this GP?

King - Humble and confident, very confident.

Ross - Well, you raced 3/4 of the 2008 racing season, you raced 2 races in 2009 of which 1 was a DNF and you race 1 race in 2010 - and that was a DNF also. You had one race this year only and now you have a brand new kart - how that makes you confident.

King - Mr. Ross, it is difficult for someone ordinary like you to understand but when you are born with such a natural superb racing skills with the god given right to win, thigns are a bit different. Yes, I haven't raced much but it doesn't take much for me to perform at the highest level.

Ross - But you are not familiar w/ the KOSMIC chassis yet, right?

King - I am affraid you are right. I only had 30 laps on it.

Ross - What are the biggest difference?

King - The brakes. I need to get used to the brakes, very different.

Ross - Inferior?

King - Not necessarily. I just have to adjust my driving a bit to this new brake system, which is not a problem for a superstar like me.

Ross - Anything else?

King - I need to get used to the steering wheel, shifting is also different and the tighter cockpit.

Ross - Tigther cockpit, did you gain weight?

King - NO! In fact, I have lost weight due to intensive physical program set by MFG KOSMIC GP - I am going to this weekend stronger than ever - I can even take down BlackBullet! The cockpit area for an OTK chassis are slightly narrower than the CRG so that is why.

Ross - Are you concerned of damaging your new kart or getting marks on the new graphic kits.

King - Not really. In my mind, if this kart gets damaged, i will just retrie from international motorsports so that is good for me, my family and my bank account. If the graphick kits gets damaged, no problem, I bought 5 extra sets just in case.

Ross - Why do you think the Musgrave Racing Team is so far superior and faster?

King - First, because they really haven't raced against me. Second, I think that their radiator gives Musgrave the edge. When you have a customed made radiator that tilts as you go on the straight for higher straight line speed and lifts while braking, and shifts the water from side to side for better balancing - you got the edge! And that is very difficult to beat, you know!

Ross - You think that the Musgrave Racing Team is difficult to beat because of their radiator?

King - Absolutely. Besides equipment what other reason can there be for someone beating me?

Ross - Speculations are that MFG is about to sign another German to the team - John Kram - what do you think of having him as teammate and the third German on the team - after Michael Goebel and Steve Murray?

King - I was born and raised in Brazil. Europeans are mentally weak.

Ross - I just got a private message - BlackBullet will not race this Sunday, your thoughts?

King - He is affraid of me. I told him that if I see him again, I will beat him up!

Ross - For what reason?

King - No reason. I had nothing to say so I just said that.

Ross - Are you still romantically involved with Anna Kournikova?

King - I don't talk about my personal life.

Ross - You guys make a good looking couple.

King - If you bring this subject one more time, I am going to kick you in the nose!

Ross - What about your teammate, how come you guys are not on speaking terms.

King - Goebel is a very difficult guy to understand and get along with. We have nothing in common. He shows up to the races drank. If you take his blood during the event, I can assure you that he is legally drunk. He is not dedicated to his professional obligations - like I am.

Ross - I thought you were jealous of his looks.

King - I am the sexiest and most incredibly charming pilot in the paddock, period.

Ross - Is that what attracked Anna?

King - You son of a... [INTERVIEW INTERUPTED BY AIRPORT SECURITY]

Tue May 17, 2011 4:06 pm