It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Kal-Gard Unofficial DeluXXe Shifter Class Series Points 

Post Kal-Gard Unofficial DeluXXe Shifter Class Series Points
992 Rick McAllister Arrow / Team Musgrave Motorsports
971 Elbert Thompson Tony Kart / Pulp Racing
912 Sal M Tony Kart / Live the Life
905 Chris Curtis Arrow / Musgrave Motorsports (without Orange Helmet)
784 Kevin Gilroy CRG/GP / GPhactory

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

:?: hey E.T. how did you compute our current points? yeah i know its "unofiicial" but i wasnt at the July race (so that's a big fat zero next to my name) hence that would be my one drop.. anyways waiting patiently for Dan to post the latest championship points to see how it all shakes out!

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Obviously ET calculated the points incorrectly. Firstly mfg racing pilot "Michael Goebel" a.k.a. "The Helmet" a.k.a. "Der Meister" a.k.a. "The Golden hands" should be by all accounts in the top position based on mfg Tech Centre’s official point’s tabulation generating software program. The program takes into account pose, masculinity, benevolence, karting talent and helmet design and execution. It is intuitively obviously to even the most causal observer that LAKC must correct this mistake and place mfg at the top of the point’s list. That being said mfg would also like to place “The Flying Filipinoâ€

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Apparently my calculator must be off a few points.

I've read the SKUSA and LAKC Rule book and I hope someone from the BOD post some clarification to the DQ of Kevin Gilroy and the awarding of points for fourth place for concise clarification to the readers and racers.

The rule book clearly states ZERO points will be earned

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm

In my opinion and in particular in the case of a 'DQ' - the person should get 'zero' points. You never know if the 'DQ' is intentional or not but what you know is that the DQ 'may' give one the competitive advantage and for that - regardless of intentional or not - 'zero' points should be given. I go a step further (and I know that this part is not consistent w/ the rules) - that if you quit/pull over/ not get the chequered flag - you also get no points. Meaning...you must finish (see chequred flag) to earn pts. In any event...this DeluXXe class is on fire...and next month will be very interesting...however, I suspect that MFG factory pilot Michael Goebel will dominate the season until the end.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

I recevied and email from a member of BOD and await clarification. I mentioned that during several meetings and in large drivers meeting prior to the race day the the shifters by vote agreed that the KalGard Championship Series would used regulations documented under the SKUSA rules.

http://www.superkartsusa.com/dmdocument ... leBook.pdf

Page 42 of the SKUSA rule book (which has been pointed out by many) section 30.3.5.4 has the following.

30.3.5. Disqualification:
30.3.5.1. Drivers DQ'd from qualifying shall start at the rear of the heat race field.
30.3.5.2. Drivers DQ'd from the first heat race will be placed at the rear of the next heat.
30.3.5.3. Drivers DQ'd from an LCQ are not eligible to advance to the feature.
30.3.5.4. Drivers DQ'd from the main feature do not receive points or other awards.
30.3.5.5. Conduct DQs shall always be more severe than technical DQs.

Even the Professor can read that without his glasses.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 am

30.3.5.4. Drivers DQ'd from the main feature do not receive points or other awards.

Does that mean no Trophy????

Mike G.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Rec'd f/u email and due to many of the Board of Directors being out of town, on vacation and racing the Rotax race in Colorado it will take a few weeks for the members to gather and review this issue.

So lets be patient. . . .

are we there yet. . . . .

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 am

I will look into this and will post a reply.
We score by LAKC and IKF rules.

25. Disqualifications (DQs) are per IKF rules, Flagrant (i.e. intentional cheating) DQs will result in
zero points and they cannot be dropped in the championship series. The BODs will determine flagrant
DQs and are subject to rule 31.
rule 31.
31. If you are caught blatantly cheating with performance enhancing modifications you will be put on
probation for the remainder of the year and if you finish in the top 5 positions during the probationary
period your motor will torn down to the crank every time. This will confirm to all of your competitors
that your motor is legal without question. We hope this will eliminate the urge to even consider
cheating. The number one thing that can bring this sport down is the idea that anyone is cheating. If
you cheat at LAKC and get caught you will not get away with it a second time that season, we will
make that promise.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

I will look into this and will post a reply.
We score by LAKC and IKF rules.

25. Disqualifications (DQs) are per IKF rules, Flagrant (i.e. intentional cheating) DQs will result in
zero points and they cannot be dropped in the championship series. The BODs will determine flagrant

What is the decision made on a fuel DQ, flagrant or not?

Mike G.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Post Deluxe Points
I thought the shifters were operating under the SKUSA rules package....

There is no performance advantage with the oil but most engine builders have recomendations and the recomendations are what is being used and proven at the National Level not the club level... I think there should be some tollerance there. Most tune ups are derrived from a specific oil and that what the builders/sanctioning bodies are looking for is consistancy.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:18 pm

I think we should put the whole thing behind - by that I mean - forget about any DQ under concern and RESET the current championship poiint - start all over again next month - championship pts starts from Aug to end of season. I am sure I can be world champion if we do that!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

I think the rules are clear for the LAKC DeluXXe class.

DeluXXe Shifter (Spec Honda) VP-MS98L
Kal-Gard SK-2 GP 2 (provided at registration)
430lbs 40-UP OPEN to C.I.K homologated tires only
SKUSA motor spec. rules and all other IKF rules
No minimum driver weight

Therefore if a driver or engine builder decides to use different oil while competing at an LAKC event I would say that is a flagrant rule violation. However whether or not it is a flagrant performance enhancement is certainly up for discussion. That being said the class is required to use the Cal Guard product, as they are the sponsors of the class and any other oil is deemed as illegal. So if someone is to fail a fuel test they either failed because they disobeyed the spec oil or fuel requirement or they used an illegal performance enhancing fuel. Does the fuel test determine that the incorrect fuel was used, or that the incorrect amount of spec oil, or that an illegal oil was used or that a performance enhancing fuel was used?

mfg tech centre

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Post Oil
Mike.....
Have you ever had your oil checked? :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:36 pm