It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Kal-Gard Unofficial DeluXXe Shifter Class Series Points 

This is the response I received from our tech director. We have very qualified personnel and will follow his recommendation.

"Chris,
I don't consider the fuel color DQ to be "flagrant". We used Digitron, Germane (NHRA) and color tests. The failure was for color. The competitor most likely used their Motul oil and saved the Kalguard. I haven't heard anybody say one oil runs faster than another, so until I'm convinced otherwise, I will consider these types of DQs the resulted of carelessness.
Gene"

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 am
Profile WWW

Post KAL-GARD Challenge Series.
The question is not if or when he Dq'd it is what rules are we following. I thought there was an agreement that the shifter classes for the KAL-GARD Championship Series were following the SKUSA rules.

as previously posted, if DQ'd in the Main, you get ZERO Points and No Awards. PERIOD. Everyone knows that the Shifter class is running under the SKUSA rules, or so I thought.

BTW Chris: Kevin Gilroy knew that he was using Motul instead of Kal-Gard oil which he has stated several times and with many of the other karts in the Shifter Kart class which was brought to my attention by the drivers. There is a lot riding on this decision being voiced by many who are not posting.

I just want to see the Shifter classes continue to grow with all competitors knowing that LAKC will not only stick by the Tech guys decison but also by the agreement made with the Series promotors to use their product and hold the hands of the drivers to there exhaust pipes if they violate the rules.

Just to remind everyone, this is the
"KAL-GARD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES"
not the quaker states, castro, Elf, Mobile, 99 cent store or the Motul Series.

I would gladly give ALL of my points back for every race to promote this series and to help the series for 2012 grow even larger. At the end of the day, it's all about principals.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Reset the championship pts and let's start it all over again...

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree but please include my 2nd place finish if it ends up being an advantage for me in the final analysis!

Mike G.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

If the Golden Hands shows up for the last three races...

...then it will be inevitable that the rest of us DeluXXers will be squabbling for the leftover scraps and meager crumbs of the DeluXXe Championship!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Post Re: KAL-GARD Challenge Series.
Can anyone here give me the reasoning behind awarding points to a driver that is DQed...awarding points to a driver that takes the green but never takes the chequered (regardless whether he/she deliberately pulled out of the race or not). This has nothing to do with Kevin or any other driver or any other instance. I am just trying to understand the logic behind awarding points under these circursmtances - why do we do it? In my view, you start but you don't finish - you should get nothing. You start, you finish but you are DQed (for whatever reason from an innocent minor oversight to a full blown hardcore cheating attempt) - you should also get nothing. What's wrong w/ my thoughts?

E.T. wrote:
The question is not if or when he Dq'd it is what rules are we following. I thought there was an agreement that the shifter classes for the KAL-GARD Championship Series were following the SKUSA rules.

as previously posted, if DQ'd in the Main, you get ZERO Points and No Awards. PERIOD. Everyone knows that the Shifter class is running under the SKUSA rules, or so I thought.

BTW Chris: Kevin Gilroy knew that he was using Motul instead of Kal-Gard oil which he has stated several times and with many of the other karts in the Shifter Kart class which was brought to my attention by the drivers. There is a lot riding on this decision being voiced by many who are not posting.

I just want to see the Shifter classes continue to grow with all competitors knowing that LAKC will not only stick by the Tech guys decison but also by the agreement made with the Series promotors to use their product and hold the hands of the drivers to there exhaust pipes if they violate the rules.

I would gladly give ALL of my points back for every race to promote this series and to help the series for 2012 grow even larger. At the end of the day, it's all about principals.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Post Re: KAL-GARD Challenge Series.
Can anyone here give me the reasoning behind awarding points to a driver that is DQed...awarding points to a driver that takes the green but never takes the chequered (regardless whether he/she deliberately pulled out of the race or not). This has nothing to do with Kevin or any other driver or any other instance. I am just trying to understand the logic behind awarding points under these circursmtances - why do we do it? In my view, you start but you don't finish - you should get nothing. You start, you finish but you are DQed (for whatever reason from an innocent minor oversight to a full blown hardcore cheating attempt) - you should also get nothing. What's wrong w/ my thoughts?

E.T. wrote:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Alex STOP repeating your self. We got it the first time.

Mike G.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Alex, you helmet doesn't match your kart, you should paint one of them. You choose.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Is that a 'DQ' item? By the way, I will be at Calspeed this Sunday, joining me there?

E.T. wrote:
Alex, you helmet doesn't match your kart, you should paint one of them. You choose.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

mfg tech centre doppler radar shows rain for Sunday!

Mike G.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm