It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PRD Grand Masters Weight Minimum 

Post PRD Grand Masters Weight Minimum
Are there any PRD Grand Masters who won't be adding weight in order to get to the 385lb minimum? If there aren't, maybe we could get the club to reduce the minimum weight a bit. I think I need to add about 20lbs.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Post Re: PRD Grand Masters Weight Minimum
I was thinking of coming over and run with LAKC some this year in Masters but since the weight went down from last year I am not sure now. I am at about 400 so giving away 10 lbs would not be to bad but 15 is a bit to much. Usually the Masters or Heavy classs is 30 lbs above the senior class. I thought Masters stood for "Old Fat Guys".

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey Bret, we'd be glad to have you.

Well Matt, it was just over a year ago, and I was writing the same things. I was loath to put that weight on my kart.
http://www.lakc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3706

Truth be told, I've gained some weight since last year :x so I'm very happy with the 385lbs. Last year I ended up putting on 5 or 10lbs on my kart. I added 15lbs 1 race. It turns out it is no problem actually. I was in a similar state as you on this, check out that thread with the link above.

I mentioned in that thread the 'incentive' karting gives us to get in a bit of shape, and I'll hold to that thought as I lost 30lbs when I started karting (2009). I've gained back about 10 now.

I liked your idea you mentioned in an email, and I'd totally support that. You had said first 3 races 385, second 3 race 380, final 3 races 375. That would be spectacular! What an incentive that would be to lose some weight during the season. My health conscious wife would also really like that.

It would take a really progressive act by the club, er 'championship' to do such a thing... I doubt we will get much support regards that, but I'm 100% in if they do.

Otherwise I'm relatively happy with 385 and really pleased that they lowered it 5lbs from last year's weight.

Geno

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 pm

I just had my kart weighed yesterday afternoon. I need to add 30lbs... or start eating more. :sh

As for the Grand Masters class being for "old fat guys", I guess I now understand what "Grand" stands for. :D

I love that idea, Geno. It's amazing what incentives can do.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 am

Matt, is that with your safety gear on, that usually adds 10lbs, and also consider the fuel load.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Geno,
Terry Nash weighed me with my helmet on and a full tank of gas. My race gear will probably allow me to reduce the added weight by about 5lbs.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:24 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]