It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 am

class grouping 

Post Re: class grouping
>There was some talk about grouping Jr.1 and Jr.2 drivers. This will NOT be the case next season. All age groups will run >with like age groups. Example Jr.1 will NOT run with Jr.2, Jr.2 will not run with Senior class and so on. See you in >February.

Really glad to hear this Chris. IE: Running only with like age groups. I'm looking forward to racing PRD Grand Masters with only our like age group, ie: Rotax Grand Masters. This of course was one of the main benefits of having the older group. I really appreciate the club/championship's efforts on this front.

Also, on a secondary note, the new starting time, 7:30 is in my opinion TOO EARLY. Some of us drive a considerable distance and were already getting up really early to get to the track, get unloaded, setup, and registered all by 8:00am, so to lose that extra 1/2 hour is significant.

Also, I (and Frank B will also agree) we (us old grand masters) didn't mind losing a few laps in the final race, and I think I can remember quite clearly someone about 16 whom you're really close too didn't mind having a few less laps to race in the final on occasion, especially around July and August.

thanks guys for all your efforts, all in all, looks like a really fun season coming up.

Geno

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Post Re: class grouping
Just want to say that the shifter class will be more than happy to pick up any laps that other classes would like to drop. :)

Would be pretty cool to drop a heat and do a 40-50 lap main. Just some thoughts.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 pm