It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Track condition 

Post Re: Track condition
Karttech wrote:
Tri-C and LAKC need to team up, and give the track an ultimatum and momentarily change track until everything gets back to normal. I know for fact LAKC and there members love Calspeed under normal track condition and we all want to come back when track will be fix, but we need to put pressure for a change without affecting the relationship with the track.

I dont want any misunderstanding in my previous statement, I do not suggest a boycott. When I said "putting presure for a change" I meant doing so by simply using an other facility so the club and other businesses dont lose more drivers next race. Do LAKC members want to go somewhere else...maybe not, I dont know and I dont care, I just want what you, the drivers want.

Last edited by Karttech on Tue May 01, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2012 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

Rob - for the benefit of the viewers, can you confirm normal hours of operations for tomorrow (as posted on the track's website)? I am planning on heading there tomorrow after lunch. Thanks. Alex

Rob Niles wrote:
UPDATE #1

Track configuration was switched to Nuovo today, instead of Grande as previously schedule. The change was due to track construction that began this morning in the hairpin. The entry to apex of the hairpin has been completely ground down to prepare for sample surface applications.

Thanks to those that took time to email or post words of encouragement and support. As several people acknowledged, we will do what it takes to get this right.

Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Have you guys dragged tires on the track? It helps put age into the surface.

Wed May 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I see a man who cares about his track. If you race on ANY other track in So Cal you can see very little is mantained or cared for like Cal Speed. Keep up the great work Rob, we know you have the best intentions.

Could you get the wind to blow from east to west for me. :)

Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

Just thought I'd chime in and say that the track surface is absolutely fantastic. Personally, I think it is more fun and challenging to drive on now.

Thu May 03, 2012 3:49 pm

The other positive is our tires will last forever!!

Thu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm

My 2 post were from a business end. The only problem I heard was some failure which will happen anytime to much material is applied before natural breakdown of the product. Sealing is a requiered evil of maintaining asphalt, which as everything in life leads to adjusting and adapting.
As my sons wrench for the last 7 years, I have learned that putting grip in a kart is the easy part, what if you couldn't free the kart up becuase the sealer and to much grip?
It is the same for every racer.
I don't have any dog in this fight so I won't say anymore.

I hope the best to the track and clubs and I look forward to racing Calspeed someday.

Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Billy M wrote:
Just thought I'd chime in and say that the track surface is absolutely fantastic. Personally, I think it is more fun and challenging to drive on now.
I'm with you Billy, it was a "drivers track"; the racing was safe as usual and exciting to watch, and the teams that found the right set-up had a great day!

Fri May 04, 2012 7:27 pm

The track is, what it is... everyone has to race on it.

More importantly, however, I would like to hear from Rob about the timing of any changes to the track. He stated in his post that they are working on the hairpin. That's great news but I don't think anyone wants the fiasco that took place in March... a new surface put down the Thursday before our race.

Our next race in is two weeks. I would like to know that if I go out to the track before the 18th, I won't be wasting my time and money because they decide to lay down a new surface on May 17th.

:? :?:

Fri May 04, 2012 8:24 pm