It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
CalSpeed surface update 

Post CalSpeed surface update
As of today, May 15, CalSpeed has selected the Penhall Company to help resolve the track's surface issues. Several surface removal methods will be tested on the unused Grande section of track - specifically turn 7 and entry to turn 8 over the coming week(s). Once a method is selected, a date for construction will be selected. We will keep everyone posted on the progress and will announce a date once it is selected.

There are no plans to modify the Nuovo track surface prior to the LAKC race on May 20.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: CalSpeed surface update
Does anybody know track configuration for June race. Thanks

Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Has anyone heard if there are plans to change the surface before the June 10th race?

Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 am

"We will keep everyone posted on the progress and will announce a date once it is selected."

Still no firm date scheduled for construction.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Brad, so you're saying there's a possibility we could have a new surface before the next race? If a date is firmed up before June 10th, that is.

Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I hope it can be done Monday following the June 10th race, I plan on heading to the track this weekend for practice.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Without speculating, I would think the best time would be between this race and next as there is a large time gap.

2Wild Karting Tony EVK #46
Tru Tech PRD
PRD Senior

Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Looks like grinding and resurfacing will take place next week. Still waiting for final confirmation from the paving company, but work is tentatively scheduled for Monday and Tuesday.

Given the small size of our job (in the eyes of the grinding & paving companies) they are trying to squeeze us in between other jobs to help keep costs down. So, we are at their mercy regarding availability and coordination. Also, please keep in mind that CalSpeed often has schools and corporate events on weekdays which directly impacts when the track is available for construction. As such, the scheduling of the construction the week prior to LAKC is coincidental and by no means strategic or planned (sorry conspiracy theorists).

As of this writing (June 1 @ 3:15 PDT), CalSpeed is scheduled to be closed Wednesday, June 6, but will be open Thursday, June 7 for practice. Nuovo configuration will remain in place through the end of June.

Thanks for your patience and understanding of this process. I will post again once the project is complete. If you have any questions, please contact the CalSpeed office directly, as we do not monitor this forum for Q&A.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

Rob
Could you give a little more detail on what is going to happen to the track? Some are saying only portions will be resurfaced while others are saying the whole track will be redone.
Also we appreciate you efforts to make the track the best you can.
Thanks

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:37 am

Rob, you and Calspeed continued to do a great job and I thank you for all of the information and your attempts to make this track better for the karters. To tell you the truth, I think I'm starting to like it, and my name isn't Mikey.

You have my full support, and once again, thank you for everything you do.

Elbert Thompson
The E3Project

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Track construction is underway and taking a little longer than originally expected. As such, CalSpeed will NOT be open tomorrow (Thursday, June 7) as originally published. Open Practice will resume as scheduled on Friday, June 8.

Please help spread the word and thanks for your understanding.

Posted June 6 @ 11:10 PDT

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 am
Profile WWW

Track construction is complete and all corners have been ground down and resurfaced. Due to the high ambient temperature, the surface is taking a little longer to cure than normal. As such, we plan to open for practice on Friday, June 8 as scheduled, but will not allow any shifters or soft compound tires (i.e. MG) to practice on Friday. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but we must do all we can to ensure the proper curing of the surface.

Posted June 7 @ 3:50 PDT

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you Rob Niles for pouring thousands of dollars to improve track conditions so we can have a good time - you're either crazy or just care too much! I will make sure you get a good return for your investment by displaying marvelous display of kart control and superb racing skills as I dominate this Sunday's race and totally outrunning other superstars like BlackBullet, No Birth Certificate Chris Curtis, The Flying Filipino and even the Musgraves! The race is on guys, see you on Sunday!!!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Was anyone out there testing today?

2Wild Karting Tony EVK #46
Tru Tech PRD
PRD Senior

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:59 pm

From what I have heard so far, things sound pretty positive!!!

Eric Molinatti wrote:
Was anyone out there testing today?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next