It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:01 pm

MRC Race Report for 9/9/12 

Post MRC Race Report for 9/9/12
Another detailed race report for the shifter classes from September's race:

http://www.facebook.com/billy.musgrave3 ... ed_comment

And like the MRC page for future news/updates/race pics and such!! And thank you to LAKC for putting on awesome racing every time. 35 Shifter Drivers this month!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Post Re: MRC Race Report for 9/9/12
Edit: Just looked at results, 37 shifters!! Way to go LAKC!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Pulling in more shifters than PKC. :sh

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 am

Seriously? Wow! Amazing! You know what I find interesting Steve...the Open Shifter class is the largest shifter class...this class has no specific engine designation (i.e. Stock Honda)...people can show up with anything...they are welcome to come with any type of engine but yet most decide to show up with a Stock Honda anyways...makes me think that people at LAKC just want to have a a good time, independently of engine requirements (i.e. Stock Honda)...they will show up in great turnout with individual's preferred choice of engine package, mostly with a Stock Honda anyways, indepedently of club's requirements.

Steve Buckner wrote:
Pulling in more shifters than PKC. :sh

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

Post BREAKINGNEWS – TENSION BUILDS AT MRC
BREAKINGNEWS – TENSION BUILDS AT MRC

It is commonly known among the LAKC paddock that the Norco based premier shifter racing team – MRC – is the most intense of all teams; whereas, MRC promotes internal challenges among its factory pilots. A confidential source close to the team notes that MRC can be emotionally draining:
“MRC is definitely not for the fragile minded drivers as they will tear you apart. It takes certain prestige and it is certainly a privilege to be recruited by MRC as a factory pilot but it takes a lot more to continue to be part of their program, which is extremely intense. You have to be sharp at all times! They are extremely critical and hard on anyone and everyone. They compete among themselves. Not even Billy Musgrave is exempt from severe criticisms from the team and team’s bosses.”

Last month, it was reported that both Berg and Irving were involved in a heated discussion following the Main race, with team members having to separate the two. This month however, reports suggest that Willy Musgrave and MRC’s newest recruit Alex King may no longer been seen eye to eye as our confidential source stated: “Honeymoon is over for King. And with the fact that King outpaced Willy during Practice 2 last Sunday, you bet it’s on!”

Following Willy’s public challenge on Facebook late last night – challenging the September’s Open Shifter Pole Sitter to race in S4 – the Brazilian Superstar brushed off any speculations that his relationship with MRC’s master factory pilot have gone sour:

“You guys in the press are a bunch of clowns. The minute I was told I clocked fastest lap time than Willy in P2, I just knew that someone would spread to the world that and put me on the spotlight again, and I just hate that. I just wish that people would allow me to keep things at a low profile instead of making a big fuss with the fact I outpaced Willy in P2. Come on!!! What’s next??? You guys are going to highlight too that I made a brilliant pass on Billy at the hairpin on Friday’s practice??? Please stop that!!! I have a lot of respect for Willy and one day we will compete head to head in the same class and the fastest driver will win. And just because I was faster than him in P2 this past Sunday, it doesn’t mean that I can be already declared a winner today. Please forget about the fact I was faster than Willy in P2.”

The Brazilian is no stranger to internal team rivalry. In 2008, King was involved in a heavily public dispute for #1 team status against his then Team ARG teammate – German GoldenHands Michael Goebel – both drivers have not exchanged a word with each other since.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 am

It is good to see Mr. King trying to keep such a low profile with the media, unlike rumors of his previous history. And as for the level of intensity, anyone who has hung around the MRC pit for any amount of time can tell you how brutal we are amongst ourselves. No-one gets any slack, and everyone is treated with same harshness. The only defense a driver with us can have is his performance on the track. So it is at this time that I would like to remind everyone of a certain 'Brazilian Superstar's' status of indeed being the first loser at last weekend's race. Anyway, those that know us well will also tell you that while we maintain a harsh environment to groom our drivers into top-tier performances, we will also always have a smile and always be laughing it off. MRC's #1 priority is to provide top-tier racing products and provide everyone with a fun but demanding atmosphere that is unique in the current karting industry.

On that note, MRC and all of our affiliates hope that LAKC continues to set the precedent for southern California racing, and we look forward to breaking 40 Shifters at the final round in October!!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Billy M wrote:
we look forward to breaking 40 Shifters at the final round in October!!

Man ........ that will be a lot of broken shifters :shock:

Mike G.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm