It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Two-seat kart?? 

Post Two-seat kart??
Does anyone know of a two-seat kart available to use out at CalSpeed? If possible, I'd like to arrange some track time for a 12-year-old boy with Cerebral Palsy. If there are any others who know of a child who might also enjoy the experience, let me know. Maybe we could coordinate an afternoon for a group of kids.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am

Post Re: Two-seat kart??
Hi Matt,

So glad to hear you are taking the suggestion we spoke about at the banquet and running with it. If you look on Craigslist you can find some side by sides but not inline Karts. These would still do the job and easier to load passengers. With a little modification they could look like a race kart. As I mentioned if you need some assistance in fabrication I am available, please let me know.

Regards,
Frank
Baldozier Racing

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey Frank,
Yes, I think this is important. So if there isn't anything currently available, I'll see if I can find a couple old 32mm chassis that no one wants and turn them into one inline chassis.

If anyone has (or knows of someone that has) a couple old (bent?) chassis they would like to donate so I can cut 'em up and turn them into a two-seater, please send me the info at 909 607-3377

Thanks!!

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am

Hey Matt - I have a 32mm Road Rebel that I was going to sell for a couple of bukcs; however, it appears you are doing something great here (or perhaps for a good casue) so I would be pleased to just give it to you. If interested, let me know and we can coordinate delivery/pick up. And if you need additional parts for this 'project', list them out and I will see what I can find/donate. Thanks. Alex
Matt Magilke wrote:
If anyone has (or knows of someone that has) a couple old (bent?) chassis they would like to donate so I can cut 'em up and turn them into a two-seater, please send me the info at 909 607-3377
Thanks!!

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 am

I've seen one of these karts used @ Apex Track (Lake Perris). You may try to contact them and find out if they know who owns it.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Alex!! You don't call yourself the Brazilian Superstar for no reason, do you? 8)
I'd like to see if there's one already available out at CalSpeed before I start cutting up two chassis. I think, ideally, it would probably be easiest to find two similar chassis to work with, so if I can find another old Road Rebel I'll certainly take you up on your very generous offer. Let's see if someone else has a similar chassis cluttering up their garage that they'd like to donate.

Thanks,Troy. I'll contact Apex in the meantime and see what they have.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm

About a year or two ago, I saw a 2 seat 125cc shifter running on track at CalSpeed. I think it was during the PanAmerica race. There were pictures on Facebook. Might want to ask Brad Packard or one of the CalSpeed staff if they remember who owned it.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]