It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm

LAKC Adds TaG Cadet Mini Rok Program for 2013 

Post LAKC Adds TaG Cadet Mini Rok Program for 2013
The 2013 season is shaping up to be very exciting for members of the Los Angeles Karting Championship, which runs once a month at the CalSpeed Karting facility at Fontana, California’s Auto Club Speedway. A new working partnership with Superkarts! USA has resulted in an LAKC event schedule that is free of conflicts with the organization’s traveling California ProKart Challenge series, and it has also brought new continuity and structure to the LAKC’s Shifter and TaG classes. The evolution of the class line-up brings with it the debut of an exciting new class for the LAKC community – TaG Cadet – which will provide the series’ Cadet drivers with the opportunity to run the world-class Vortex Mini Rok engine.

Working in cooperation with Vortex, the LAKC is proud to announce the inception of the Mini Rok engine-powered TaG Cadet class into the largest series in California, the Los Angeles Karting Championship. After many years of success in the US market and abroad, the introduction of the Vortex Mini Rok to the LAKC will allow kids ages 8-12 years to run an incredible engine that has been designed specifically for Cadet-sized karts. The addition of the TaG Cadet class also brings the LAKC further into consistency with SKUSA, which positions the category as the first rung of their TaG development ladder. This also gives LAKC’s young drivers the chance to run in the biggest karting event in the United States, the SKUSA SuperNationals, as the TaG Cadet enjoyed a huge following at the race.

“We at the LAKC strive to stay on the cutting edge of karting,” offered Club President Chris LaTorre. “Some ideas are good, others are not so good, but we are made up of a very diverse group of people and we try to keep on pushing the envelope. Partnering up with SKUSA is one more example of that. In a time when there is a great deal of confusion in the sport, we’re trying to take some steps to bring SoCal karting together, and to make it easier for the racers, shops, and teams. This new working relationship is definitely a step in the right direction.”

In an exclusive program offered by Vortex and available only to current LAKC members, the Vortex factory will be offering full technical support to all eligible drivers who wish to compete in the class and they will be allowed to use a Mini Rok for three races, absolutely free. But it doesn’t stop there. After the three no-charge races, the driver has the option to purchase their engine at a discounted rate or rent a ready-to-race engine for $300 per day for the rest of the LAKC season.

As an added bonus, Vortex is proud to announce that the 2013 LAKC TaG Cadet champion will be provided with a free entry to the SuperNationals XVII in Las Vegas, where the best in the world come to compete. Along with the free entry, tires and fuel for the event will be offered at no expense to the champion.

For more info on any and all Vortex products feel free to go to vortex.com and for information concerning the Los Angeles Karting Championship, please visit http://www.lakc.org. For information regarding the Vortex Mini Rok, please contact OTK’s Travis Irving (travis@otkusa.com) for complete details.

We look forward to seeing you at the LAKC races!!

The complete details regarding the Vortex Mini Rok program at LAKC in 2013 can be found here-

http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=21364

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

Post Re: Mini Rok Class at LAKC
I am interested in running Mini Rok and/or JR-1 PRD this year bu would like to get more information on how all of the JR - 1 classes will be run.
Will any of the classes be run combined and scored combined/separate?

I can't see how could there be enough participants for each class to make race interesting/relevant.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Post Re: Mini Rok Class at LAKC
The Mini Rok will be run grouped with other cadet karts. One of us will get back to you soon here on the forum with that information.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Post Re: LAKC Adds TaG Cadet Mini Rok Program for 2013
The Tag Cadet (Mini Rok) class will be in the same run group as PRD-1 and KPV-1. They will be scored separatley.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Why is there a need to run 3 separate classes combined. If you are going to combine the 3 classes we were interested in running there is no need to drive 250 miles to race 1 class. Please fix this soon. Maybe I'm reading this wrong please explain.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 pm

As much as we would like to make this work for you, there is just no way separate the these classes. There are only so many hours in a day.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Well sorry to hear. Let registration know to cancel our membership and pit spots then we won't need it. Glad I found out now. Can make other arrangements.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 pm

OK Chuck, sorry we cannot accommodate you.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Not trying be accommodated trying to make good choices and driving 250 miles to race 1 class combined with two other classes is not one. You are taking 15-20 cadet drivers per class and dividing them. Making 3 classes of 5-7.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

No problem Chuck.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm

I will contact membership about renewal when I have made my final decision about the series. Thanks

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:47 am

I like the the idea of running 3 JR-1 classes together.
I think it will give a good learning experience to drivers of all classes.
To me larger field is more important than number of of classes run.
Besides the obvious problem of running out of daylight, the field that might start as 5-7 cadet drivers per class run separably, is very likely to end with 1-2 drivers (if any) at the end of the season.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am

Isn't JR 1 Comer still being run separately? ... so cadets could race two classes if they really wanted, yes?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

Yes Junior 1 looks to be running all by itself. Why not combine one of the other cadets with junior 1. Gives more options for possibly running two classes. But I'm sure the reason for not combining this class is the speed is much slower and safety is concerned.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

That's an option that I looked into today in an effort to make this work for you as well as the other people that want to run two cadet classes. As I discovered, there is just to much difference in speed to put Comer 80's on track with the other 3 cadet classes. You and everybody else with cadets can run two classes at LAKC. Junior 1 Comer 80 would be one and you can pick from PRD-1, TaG Cadet (Mini Rok), or KPV-1 for the other. We hope this works for you but, if it doesn't, IKF Region 7 might be the best alternative with their 2 day program.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm