It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PRD Pilot Drivers 

Post PRD Pilot Drivers
Do you guys plan on running a new set of YKC's every race?

My team owner seems to think this class is desgined to also save drivers/families money. I'm okay with running my tires from last race if everyone else is?

www.facebook.com/mikemanningkarting

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 am

Post Re: PRD Pilot Drivers
I don't plan on running new tires all the time, my current set has approx.30 laps on them
and I plan on using them the whole day including the race.I have ordered a new set but
will put them on after the race and practice with them and then use them for the next race
like my current set.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 am

Logan Calvin will be running on my used tires from last season.

If we run out of used tires, he'll buy a set of new ones, but new tires every race? No.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 pm

We'll use two sets for the entire year. There's plenty of opportunity for an "arms race" when we all transition to the other classes.

I suggest that a new set each race weekend goes against intended spirit of the class.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm

it was great to see the comments on how often to run new tires, just returning to karting I planned on spending money, just not all of it on tires. maybe when lap times go up/ or when driver feel's tires going away.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm

the Bridgestones actually do last a few races and dont truly fall off for quite sometime

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Not sure about PRD, but this weekend was my second race day on a set of Bridgestone in Rotax, and I can tell you that by the main race, they were cooked!
So maybe I'm over driving my kart? For sure I'm about 25lbs above the weight limit (I'm tall and not skinny... ;-), so other could run more. But for me, I guess I will have to invest in a new set every race day. The main yesterday was too painful, no rear grip at all...

Hope it helps. I would be interested in hearing feedback from others. My category runs YKC, not YLC

Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Guys,

I encourage you not to make people feel bad if they do choose to put new tires on more often than others. This class has so much more to do with learning and driver ability, believe me when I say new tires will not be the difference. If someone decides to put new tires every race, let it be. More motivation and reward if you beat them. But you don't want someone to feel like an outsider if their tires are cooked, but feel intimidated to run new tires and then the experience isn't what they want, which is truly what this class is all about. A fun and LEARNING experience.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]