It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:39 am

How do the point system work? 

Post How do the point system work?
Im trying to find on this site how points are awarded thru out the race event. I cant find anything yet. I'm also wondering why in some class like PRD senior the winner can rack up 225points and the other winner in other class only 207? I know we had a similar problem last year but i thought it was solve for 2013.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: How do the point system work?
http://www.lakc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3713

Team drivers score the same for their team.

Mon May 13, 2013 6:20 am

Ok, Thats what i thought.
But I dont see how that point structure makes sense in a team series, where we are adding combine result from different classes when not everyone has a chance at scoring the same amount of points

Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 am
Profile WWW

We discussed this issue last December, I believe. The final decision came down to the following argument. Should a team get the same amount of points for a driver who wins a race against 25 drivers, as for a driver who wins a race against 2 drivers? We didn't think the latter made sense. Clearly, the winner of a large-field race should be rewarded for beating a large field.

For example, I don't want to pick on anyone but should a team who hypothetically picked Andrew Wilson in Rotax Senior get the same amount of points for him winning last month's race (he was the only driver in the class) as, say, a team who hypothetically picked Ron Rossetti in PRD Grand Masters who beat 13 drivers? The BOD didn't think this was right.

In addition, keeping two sets of points would create way too much confusion amongst the LAKC members... Joe Schmo has 625 points according to his individual results, yet he only has 600 points for the team series? That wouldn't fly. We wanted to keep this as simple as possible and as fair as possible.

Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am