It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:52 am

Pit Parking Rules will be inforced next race 8/10 & 8/11 

Post Pit Parking Rules will be inforced next race 8/10 & 8/11
Please read all the Pit Parking rules. Rules are for Saturday & Sunday and this rule below is not being followed. We need every Pit Spot Owners cooperation.Thanks L.A.K.C

Here is the complete set of parking rules we have followed for over three years

1. Priorities are based on 1) Volunteering for LAKC, 2) Presence , and 3) Sponsorship
2. Aisle spot permitted for class sponsors and volunteers whose primary business is to sell and provide kart parts, equipment, tires, fuel, etc.
3. You may not use reserved pit spots to soley park vehicles. Pit spaces are for racing equipment (trailers, trucks, vans etc,) NOT personal vehicle parking.
4. Reserved pit spot are valid for Saturday & Sunday of LAKC race weekends only.
5. You must notify LAKC 4 days in advance if you are not going to attend a race so the pit map can be revised. Pit spot are NON TRANSFERABLE. You may not sell, trade, or loan your pit spot to any other racer for any reason. If you are not there the spot will become available to LAKC to re-assign.
6. Los Angeles Karting Championship reserves the right to alter or revoke this agreement for any reason.
Thanks
Frank L.A.K.C 909-606-7814 Questions,Concerns

Last edited by frank baldozier on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:53 am

Post Re: Pit Parking Rules will be inforced next race 8/10 & 8/11
How about canopies and air compressors being set up 6 feet outside your pit (into the fire lanes)? Is that going to still be allowed? :)

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Pits are pretty full. If we paid for a reserved spot, doesn't it make sense for us to park there if everything fits? Where will we park next year if the club continues to grow and all pits are reserved? I buy several insurance bands for guests which also helps the club--what will happen if spectators stop wanting to show up because they have no place to park? Seems "inconsistent enforcement" was actually common sense enforcement!

No argument with Mike's comments--safety is always of utmost importance!

That's my opinion...what's yours...?

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Matt's (not Mikes). Guh!

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:55 pm

There is ample spectator parking along the guard rail north of the registration booth west side. Additionally, there is overflow parking south east side of the track (short straight). Reserved Pit Spots can be best utilized for racing equipment not non-race related vehicles. With that said we are looking for Pit Spots with a car or truck only in them. With empty Pit Spots scarce this year we would like all participants to use their pit spots for racing equipment (i.e. karts, trailers, motorhomes, tow vehicle) not just for car parking; and yes all racing equipment, canopies ect. should be within the confines of your pit. Questions or concerns feel free to contact me.

Frank 909-606-7814

Thanks L.A.K.C

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:20 pm

The problem we are having is the paddock has in some areas just become a parking lot for personal vehicles. We are NOT talking about half the 50' spot having a ez-up with a kart and your truck or wifes car in it because it fits, we are talking about the entire 10'x 50' PIT Spot being used to park cars only.
The intent for the Paddock is for drivers to be able to pit out of. Open pit spots will not be used for parking cars. We have the entire lower lot and the entire upper lot for this. Frank and Mike will be closely monitoring this next race. Too often we have people show up in their car and park just for a minute that turns into hours in someone elses pit spot or in the fire lanes. The San Bernardino County Fire department has given us notice the we are NOT allowed to park in the fire lanes at all. We cannot jeopardize our lease agreement by violating these rules.
Chris LaTorre
LAKC President

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:55 am
Profile WWW

Understood.

Question; why can some remove their posts but I can't fix it when I use the wrong name for someone?

Are certain others at a super elite level because they are, for example, a "Brazilian superstar with the ......." or am I just not able to figure out how to revise posts?

Thanks!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 am

Tom upper right corner. Look for edit.
And regarding the super stars post going away?? Well one of the site admin. Guys did not like what Alex had to say. To be clear we will be putting into effect a new rule on how the site is supervised.
Chris

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 am
Profile WWW

Tom - as Mr. LaTorre indicated just above, someone with forum administrative rights deleted my comment; it wasn't me as I still stand by it.

[quote="Tom Grisham"]Understood.

Question; why can some remove their posts but I can't fix it when I use the wrong name for someone?

Are certain others at a super elite level because they are, for example, a "Brazilian superstar with the ......." or am I just not able to figure out how to revise posts?

Thanks![/quote]

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 pm

You should have ME develop these set of rules...and you should have ME supervise it...

[quote="chris latorre"]... To be clear we will be putting into effect a new rule on how the site is supervised.
Chris[/quote]

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Your request will go before the b.o.d for review.
Not sure it will be approved.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds good Chris.
Why don't we do this first.
Put my request on hold.
Let's go ahead and add ME to the BOD - can you go ahead and do that? I would make an incredible addition to it and 99.99% of LAKC members would support this move.
Then...once I am added to it...you go ahead and submit my request so that I can vote (yes or no) on it.
Wait! Do I need to be a legal resident of this country in order to be part of the BOD?

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Sorry bod is full.we have a great group and trust me you would not want the job.The pay is a little weak with little to no benefits. ;)

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

I was just kidding Chris. I have no desire at all in playing such a role as it would require me to essentially...be expected to act in such a way that is in respect to the BOD...i like freedom and i like the direction you guys have taken LAKC thus far.

However, I was told that you are looking to move to Guatemala - that you even applied for citizenship of that country recently - is that true? If so, can I become President? President King...wow!!!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm

wrong country Shhhhhh.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile WWW