It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
club refer anyone? 

Post club refer anyone?
Our family just start karting, what is the best club or club that we can join to ride street of willow or big willow, Button willow, Fontana that you guys can refer us to
Thank you,
Phil

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 am

Post Re: club refer anyone?
What motor or class you guys running

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:30 pm

New To Karting and you want to go to Streets of Willow and Big Willow????..... mmmmmmmmm..this doesn't sound good...

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:29 pm

gabyopelk180 wrote:
New To Karting and you want to go to Streets of Willow and Big Willow????..... mmmmmmmmm..this doesn't sound good...

I been there so many years with two wheels, I am still doing two wheels at most of the track now a day, you can check out my club then you know who I am http://www.meetup.com/ducatiridersclub/
I just want to enjoy with my kids on this one.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 pm

www.nckroadracing.com nckroad racing i raced with them for 2 incomplete seasons. Great bunch of drivers but be honest about your experience level when you contact them, they have first timer run groups at some events. It would be best to do some sprint racing with lakc, or at least a couple test a tune days at willowsprings with a membership to willow springs, they let karts on streets a couple times a month and the big track every now and then. The big thing is you have to get used to following ppl at speed and being predictable in the braking zones. A lack of experience on a road course in a kart can be very dangerous in a race, because one can let off/ brake to hard and too early... road racing is a different animal its about smoothness and patience when you are passing k wall at over 100 mph 2 or 3 wide. All this said dont let me put you off road racing, contact nck and be honest they will get you on a big track.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 pm

What the @$#*, I knew all of you guys have to start at some level some how, all I ask is what is the club that you guy can refer so I can enjoy karting with my kids, why is this site not many people tune in maybe because a lot Dick head around here, I hate people when it talking about motorsport then they think about racing, where are the people that enjoy it, Do you guys think all the company that made motorsport that make money out of racer or racing, they make more money out of consumer that enjoy motorsports. @$#* maybe I am in wrong forum.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:56 am

Hey Phil - i don't think people here tried to be difficult and/or put down on what you were trying to do; we got some pretty good folks on this forum and the people of LAKC are great. Regardless whether the plan is to race or just enjoy doing some laps for fun, I think that because you mentioned that you were starting out...and because you mentioned the big tracks...the good people here probably had some concerns and wanted to highlight them to you - it's a good thing. Even at our local track at CalSpeed...from time to time you see new guys showing up just looking to have some good fun...and despite the fact that they (new guys) are not racing...for safety reasons, they need to be very considerate of others around...so i guess that when you add the bit track factor (higher speed etc...)...those considerations probably need to be a bit higher. If driving around these big tracks is what you want to do, my suggestion is for yoiu to call those tracks directly and ask for info (someone there should have a list of clubs, etc...).

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Phil,

I think that NCK is the only kart road racing club in California and they operate in Northern Cal. They most race up north but sometimes race at Willow Springs. Many moons ago, road racing was big in So Cal, we had 75+ karts in one class at Ontario Motor Speedway but it died not sure why.

My first kart was a laydown, it probably topped 90 mph but it was easy to drive, no big deal. If you raced motorcycles you can easily handle a road racing/laydown kart.

But if you live in SoCal you are almost forced to run sprint karts if you want to race every month. Every once in a while, Pro Kart will run Streets of Willow.

Larry

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 pm

NCK is your best option. I run with them as much as possible, we are running at Buttonwillow (the big track) tomorrow Aug 24th. The past two years NCK has run both Streets and Big Willow. As well as some legendary tracks like Laguna Seca (Mazda Raceway) and Sears Point (Sonoma Raceway). Here is a link to their website, check it out. http://www.nckroadracing.com/. After 25 years away from karting I came back at age 50 and fit right in with NCK on the big tracks. They are a great bunch to run with and are always willing to help out a fellow racer at the track if in need. Come out and check them out, ask questions, you will find a friendly bunch of racers willing to answer almost any question you can throw at them.

Bret

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]