It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:04 am

Honda Kid kart motor rules 

Post Honda Kid kart motor rules
I have already heard "crazy talk" about guys having to buy multiple motors to keep up with the "fast guys". Please remember that LAKC and HPD feel so confident in the consistency of the Honda GX50 motor that we have a claiming rule. If you think someone has a monster claim it.
I bet the person that gets claimed will come back the next race and do just as good the next race because it takes more than just a motor to win races. Don't forget that.

Claiming: any competitor may claim an engine entered in the event subject to the following
conditions:
 Claimant must be entered in the race and have participated in at least two events in the
class during the calendar year.
 Claimed engine must have cleared Technical Inspection for the event.
 Claimant must provide certified funds or cash in the amount of
$1000.00 US$.
 Claimed engine will be delivered to the Claimant under the
Supervision of the event Technical Director and Race Director at the end of the event.
 Claimed engine will be complete as supplied by HPD.
 Failure to deliver the claimed engine will result in forfeiture of all
Awards for the series.
 HPD or their designate, reserves the right to claim and replace any engine under this
program. HPD is not required to pay $1000.00 US$ if engine is replaced.

Chris LaTorre
LAKC

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Honda Kid kart motor rules
Hey Chris,
I might be one of the guys you are referring to about the "crazy talk" of having multiple motors. We did not buy these motors in attempt to keep up with the "fast guys". I believe as well that these motors are very consistent, and I also know that it does take
more than a fast motor to be fast. I bought my back-up motor for that exact reason, "back-up". We had a clutch issue on a race weekend and almost missed race day due to not having parts readily available, so to prevent that in the future, we have a back-up.
Now as far as the other two motors, those simply came with two new chassis that we recently purchased.
I and Im sure many others in this class strongly support the claimer rule. I would love nothing more than this being a "drivers race" class not a "wallet race" class...
We as a family had a great time this year (2013) in LAKC Kid Kart Honda HPD class. LAKC has done a great job, we have met a lot of great people and are so looking forward to 2014 and beyond.

Take care.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:03 am

Post Re: Honda Kid kart motor rules
Was there any more discussion about using the harder of the two Vega tires instead of the soft one? (The same tire that the Pilot class will run)

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm