It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 am

No Rotax in Tag??? 

Post Re: No Rotax in Tag???
I am unhappy about it as well.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:33 am

I am very disappointed, it is obviously a disservice to those owning Rotax equipment. I feel it is also a disservice to other TaG competitors who will have reduced class sizes, as well as sponsors, local shops, and local engine builders that would benefit in serving those racers during LAKC races.

I do not understand why not instituting a local option to allow a class that was planned to being run as close as three weeks ago, a class that would require no change to current class structures, a class where the rule book is set and where there has been precedence in previous years in SKUSA rules that LAKC follows.

Local clubs throughout the country usually have local options to cater as much as they can to the local racer and be inclusive of the community it serves, it just seems to me that maybe LAKC has gotten too big for its own good and now it's about the racer needing to cater to the club's politics, because this is what this decision is about, not about promoting karting, not about helping local karters, it's all about politics.

Maybe I'm just ranting, and maybe I'm alone on this, but I doubt it.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Nick, if you ran stock moto you never have to worry about this kind of stuff :D I know a guy if you are interested....

All in all, it is a double edged sword that no matter what decision is made, there will be unhappy people on both sides of the fence. I for one cant believe I am saying this out loud, but having faith in the decisions of the board is what is best as they have taken a local kart club that barely pulled in 30 drivers to 200+ drivers.

In the words of Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit "just gotta have faith"

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Nick, it's the same thing they have done to kpv. So far they have eliminated kpv 1, kpv2, rotax, comer kid karts. Probably others as well. Maybe these decisions will help or hurt only time will tell. :sh

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Just create a new class called 'Open TAG'...so 'any and all' TAG engine packages are allowed...and have them run w/ the TAG class.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 pm

There is another option for all Rotax and KPV1 owners.

Greg, please make you post.

Andy

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:23 pm

It comes with a heavy heart when we have to make any of the decisions that effects membership. What everyone does not realize is we are only a HOST to other bigger organizations. You are all upset at the wrong people. The reason LAKC is able to have such great giveaways and not make you buy tires,fuel and oil from us is because we are subsidized by the other organizations we do business with. When they make changes we must follow. This change has only effected 4 members from 2013. Where were all of you guys in 2013? I feel the decisions made should be based off of membership and NOT off of non-members. 4 out of 379.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:05 am
Profile WWW

It is truly unfortunate to learn that an engine, whichever one it may be, gets excluded in a class that is supposed to be a catch all. This is especially true when it comes to the local level where people are trying to get into the sport.

Maybe if the decision was announced sooner people could have planned on purchasing equipment that was supported by the club. Unfortunately for Nick and myself, we both bought new Rotax packages in December with plans on running LAKC TAG.

I understand that non-club members don't get much pull, but for what it's worth, I did race 2 events last year was going to be a member this year running the TAG class. It was fun running with LAKC as it is a solid karting community. I think most people are upset that they can't support the club they have come to know and appreciated, and compete with the friends they have created in the club.

At the end of the day, we probably wouldn't be posting about this topic if SKUSA didn't change the rules. So...

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 am

It's unfortunate that few people spoke up prior to the meeting. Perhaps if enough racers had voiced their opinions LAKC would have considered having some class for the Rotax, even if it was only one or have it run with the tag class and scored separately.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:59 am

Post Re: No Rotax in Tag
Steven Novikoff wrote:
It's unfortunate that few people spoke up prior to the meeting. Perhaps if enough racers had voiced their opinions LAKC would have considered having some class for the Rotax, even if it was only one or have it run with the tag class and scored separately.

Steven, I guess the response to the original question of this post didn't help much either...

frank baldozier wrote:
Steve we at L.A.K.C are working on it. The Rotax members will have a spot with us in 2014 it just needs to be worked out stay tuned. Lets Go Racing 2014 questions concerns Frank 909-456-9264

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:20 am

Tri-C is running a tag class and allowing Rotax......

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Post Thanks!
I see that the Rotax and the X-30 are going to be a local option. Thank you!!!!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 pm

We are testing the X-30 tomorrow at CalSpeed. It will be interesting to see how stacks up.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:20 pm