It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:30 am

A few misconceptions about GATORZ 

Preface: I have never been to, seen, or otherwise been involved in a Gatorz race, so I have no dog in that race......however, I will say that the LAKC race days are the most organized, well run and smooth events that I have attended. Apart from some early registration teething problems and long days due to red flag stoppages, the days go along great.....and OK, early in the year the daylight goes early....not in the Club's control.....
Also, I find it wholly refreshing that the Club is run and treated like it is a democracy, and for the members, not a little kingdom of the club officers......kudos to LAKC, and humbug to those who don't like it......just my 2c worth.....

Tim

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:34 am

Thank you Tim it is nice to see that some do notice now hard we try.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:43 am
Profile WWW

I for one CAN say that I have been involved in BOTH series, on track & off. Dylan running every event for the past 3 years. I truley believe that these ARE the Top Two series in the nation. BUT, one needs to realize that these are two different types of series. LAKC fileds a large & diverse group of racers. Heck we have 5 classes in the kid / Jr 's alone. Rotax Sr & Masters has a hefty attendance as well. Now remember, Gatorz is a ROTAX only series. (I am partial to Rotax) Thus the reason why only 5 classes, 2 of wich are Jr. Anytime you have only 5 classes you will definitely have the opportunity for more track time. The 15 /25 lap format works for Gatorz, it will not work for LAKC. Not that there is anything wrong with either. Trying to run 10 classes @ 25 -30 laps is rediculous. That's why they have endurance races. On the competition level, both LAKC & Gatorz are very competitive at all levels. I can assure you if we ONLY ran Gatorz, we probably would have been struggling and frustrated and thrown in the towel on karting years ago. If we ONLY ran LAKC, we may have been the dominant force but get waxed at the nationals. Running in BOTH series full time has expanded our level of competition and made us a better team, Dylan a better racer.
Guess what I am trying to say is not to compare one series AGAINST one another. Rather look at the benefits of having two major series running & working closely together to help grow the sport as a whole. Get out and try your hand at both series and decide for yourself. You wanna have Filet or Prime Rib ? Both are excellent choices and you cannot go wrong with either...or both.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm

As I stated a couple of posts ago, Efrain was not representing myself or my series with his post. He is an employee of mine, but I am not responsible for him 24 hours a day. I hired him to do web design, ad work and press releases.

Outside of that, his opinions are his own.

Andy Seesemann
Full Throttle Karting
GATORZ Karting Cup
GATORZ Challenge of the Americas

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Andy,

To a new-to-Rotax guy like me, it is a reflection on Gatorz.

Reading stuff like that, knowing he works for Gatorz, I wouldn't be likely to race there.

Robert Reehl

That's why I suggested for one to come out and see things for YOURSELF !
There are a couple people out there who don't like the way LAKC runs either.
But as you can see for yourself .... we're doin pretty darn good. :P

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

You are entitled to your opinion, just as Efrain is entitled to his.

Have a great day.

A

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 am
Back in the day i ran gatorz because it had the best competition. today, if i was wanting to get my @#! kicked, id go to gatorz, it is still the premier ROTAX venue and LAKC is the premier club ROTAX venue that attracts these hot shoe drivers, good drivers bring good drivers and our program is the best for what we offer, club racing, safe and competitive in a family fun atmosphire. in the past (and as recent as januarys race) ive stolen many ideas and sawt much advice from gatorz (andy). i didnt see what efrain wrote but i guess i dont have to.
i will say that my opinion is mine, just ask any board member!
peace

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Post Lakc
Robert,

If a one of your son's peers mouths of to him at school and sais something to him that you don't like, are you going to pull him out of that school and send him to another school,just wondering?

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Profile YIM

i will say that my opinion is mine, just ask any board member!
peace

You said it all right there, Dave.

You have to admit that you have said some stuff and voiced plenty of opinions over the past several years that you have been on LAKC's board, help staff or Competition Director. I have never held the club, nor its President, Board Members or General Members responsible for your opinions.

They are yours and yours alone to voice.

A

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:43 pm

I participated in both LAKC and Gatorz races last year and unfortunately have only made 1 LAKC race this year due to personal reasons.

Last year was my very first year in Karting. I had a great time and made a lot of friends in both series. I chose to race in both series because I wanted to push myself and race as much as possible to continually improve. My goal was to go to nationals this year (hopefully I can make it happen in 2010!). I finished my 1st 2008 race in 14th, but by the end of the season I was running up front. I finished the 1st LAKC race of 2009 in 5th. I know that my driving improved because I was surrounded by great people and great drivers from both series.

I think that there are a lot of negative comments toward Gatorz as well as LAKC, and perhaps what is missing is the idea that both series have something to offer everyone. I think I am evidence of that. I would get great advice from LAKC members during the races, and the Gators team was always there to offer their support as well.

I don’t want to lecture anyone, but perhaps you should try racing the series, whether it be with LAKC or Gatorz before you find something negative about it.

If I can offer one piece of advice – Race as much as you possibly can! Race Gatorz and/or LAKC…this is what I have been told over and over.

We all need to remember that at the end of the day our goal is to have fun, make great memories, and race to the best of our abilities.

My opinions are just that mine!
:lol:

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:03 pm
Site Admin

Post Looks like this Thread has really come ALIVE !!!
I wanted to start off by saying Thanks to Andy for posting this thread to begin with. I personally had some misconceptions about the Gatorz rules and this thread definately clears those things up for me.

Like George, I too started racing last year with LAKC, but only made it the one Gatorz race last year (held at Cal Speed). I did every race except one last season with LAKC.

Both clubs have great things to offer drivers. It really comes down to what you are looking for.

LAKC has lots of diversity and many classes to get involved in. I think it's a very competitive "club" and really let's you explore the sport of karting. The people involved with LAKC are great and do everything they can to run a smooth race day. I've enjoyed racing with LAKC and will continue to do so. It also works out great that the races are on a Sunday :D

Gatorz to me is a more focused series that is strictly Rotax. I think that if your involved with a Rotax class, you are hurting yourself by not coming to a Gatorz race day. I just ran the Challenge of the Americas race this past Sunday and had a great time. I was only able to come out for the Sunday race but I still had a ton of fun. The race day was organized and ran very well. The Birel chassis importer (Tim) was there and personally helped me tear down and rebuild my entire steering column and tie rods. As you start to get more serious, getting support from where ever you can always helps out.

Andy- Thanks for a great race. It was fun having you out on the track and mixing it up. Thanks also for a smooth race day and getting to Pit next to FTK :shock:

Efrain- Awesome coverage of the race weekend. Watched the Saturday race from my office so that was sweet. Thanks for the kind words about my race day on the forums. My kids were excited to hear about their Dad tearing up the track. I am looking forward to participating in more Gatorz races this season. I think last year I was a little unsure of what to expect. After racing in it, I think I'm hooked. It's time for me to see/experience other tracks besides CalSpeed.

Robert- My advice is to just come out to an event. Both clubs will welcome you and offer you different things. Just make it a point to check it out personally and not worry about the nonsense.

So anyone out there thinking about doing a Gatorz race, I highly recommend it. Just make sure you can handle a 25 lap main :lol: It can be a little brutal if your not ready for it.

Thanks for reading,

Jarrod Bradley
8)
Rotax Masters

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:44 am

Well said by ALL. Pretty much sums it up that BOTH series have something to offer and the ONLY way to really see what they are about is to come out and be a part o the events. 2 premiere sreies located in So.Cal. working together for the sport. Proabaly 140 + (Rotax) members between the two. Now, lets get something started here. Do I dare suggest putting together a "one off" competition between the two series ? Perhaps a team endurance race sometime in November ? What better way to have a ton of fun and be able to socialize with fellow Rotaxians. Make it a weekend gig ? Saturday set up & practice. Sunday race. Niles, Ramos....You listening & taking notes ?

"Any expressions are of mine and mine only and in no way shape or form related to organizations I may be affiliated with" :D

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 am

i didnt see what efrain wrote but i guess i dont have to.
peace

David-

I'm offended by the fact that you didn't feel my post was worthy of reading. I will remember that. In fact, from now on, I won't read any of your posts.

See you all next weekend.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 am

R.K.
:?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 am