It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 pm

4 STROKE SHIFTERS 

Post 4 STROKE SHIFTERS
ANYBODY MIND IF I RUN A 250 FOURSTROKE MOTOCROSS MOTOR IN MY SHIFTER CHASSIS AT THE BACK OF THE 125'S A COUPLE OF TIMES NEXT YEAR ??. IT'S JUST AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE HOW IT MEASURES UP . MIGHT BE INTERESTING - ANY COMMENTS ??.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:44 pm
Profile WWW

Post 4 Stroke
I am not a shifter driver, but 4 strokes are coming, its just a matter of time. I hope to run an Aixro 50 with the open class later next year.
I hope the shifter guy's will let you run, I wanna see how it pans out.
Good luck

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 am

Post 4 stroke shifter
Here is what i am thinking . I own an independant motorcycle repair shop and i have here a '05 kx250f with a blown motor which has been here for some time now . The owner has until dec 31st to pay his bill or i lien sale it . I was going to rebuild it if it becomes mine and put into a shifter chassis . The biggest problem i see is starting it - bump starting is going to be very difficult so i will probably have to use rollers and my truck - which will require more than 1 person . Ideally a Honda crf250x - the electric start model - would be used but i do'nt have one . Also the motor is tall which could pose a problem with the c of g. What i would really like is one of those Biland ar250 motors for TAG . I think 4 strokes are coming but i have mixed feeling about it . I do not care what anybody says - they are very expensive to repair and require A LOT of time consuming maintenance . The latest motocross motors are highly strung but light and fast . Anyhow - we'll see if i get the motor. Alternatively if anybody has a suitable donor motor i have an '07 shifter chassis ready to go - maybe we can share our resources and the fun . I also like the AIXRO 50 motor but it is just too fast for the 125,s to run with .

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:27 am
Profile WWW

Post SA 250
I looked at the SA 250 a lot, did quite a bit of research on this motor, while it is an option in TAG the rebuild cost and rebuild schedule are just to much for most folks, would be nice if Aixro would tone there beast to about 40 hp.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:31 am

I suggest you go to www.ekartingnews.com and search this out there have been quite a few built up and they discuss all the issues.

Eric

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:39 am