It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Joint Race with Gatorz-how will it work? 

Post Joint Race with Gatorz-how will it work?
Can someone explain how the joint race with Gatorz will work?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Post Race day
Open Practice Friday

Full Gatorz race day Saturday

Full LAKC race day Sunday

Edited by Chris This is NOT Correct.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile YIM

So, our Sun LAKC race will run with no changes, other than practice Friday instead of Sat?

Also, what about pit parking?

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Post Re: Race day
stevedzurilla wrote:
Open Practice Friday

Full Gatorz race day Saturday

Full LAKC race day Sunday

I don't think this is how its going to work. somebody from the LAKC board will chime in to clarify.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Open practice Saturday, qualify Saturday night only for the Rotax classes and race on Sunday. Someone else will have to explain the rest but Steve is wrong.There will be NO racing on Saturday.Cost was to much to make it affordable.

Last edited by chris latorre on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 am
Profile WWW

Cheers from the Rotax Nationals in Indiana!

I may not be able to get on here for a few days, so if you have any questions or thoughts, I may not be able to get back to you right away.

First and foremost, Steve's statement is incorrect. For the most of the logistical questions, it won't look much different than a normal LAKC weekend. The Saturday practice will be the same, LAKC members all get their normal pitspots, the classes will be the same as always, etc.

All Rotax racers will race together. All LAKC members will earn LAKC points. Since GATORZ has no membership, all Rotax racers will earn GATORZ points.

We simply want to make this race weekend an "event".

There will be barbeque for all members on Saturday night. There will be some additional PR and press for the race weekend. The race format will be a little different for the Rotax classes. The main difference for them, is that they will qualify on Saturday night after practice is complete.

Simply put, there are almost 80 registered Rotax racers in Southern California and probably another 40 that aren't RMax members. Yet, only 40 show up on a typical raceday. We are trying to get the entire SoCal Rotax community to come together at one race.

Regards,

Andy

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 am

Saturday nite qualifying doesn't work for us.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 am

I think I have this, but feel free to correct me if I have missed something.
Saturday will be a NORMAL OPEN PRACTICE DAY. At the end of the day (Approx 5:00 pm) All Rotaxians will get ready for their 15 min. (per Class) "Hot Pit" qualifying session. Hot pit meaning you will be allowed to make changes to the kart in the designated area only. (Certain restrictions do apply)
Saturday AFTER Rotax Qualifying is complete, there will be a BBQ Dinner for all who wish to attend. (Not sure of the cost)
SUNDAY is going to be pretty much tha same as always with the exception the Rotaxians will not need to qualify, since it was done on Saturday. Those who did not qualify on Saturday will start in the back of the pre main(s) Still need to confirm if we are running 1 or 2 Rotax Pre-Mains. The "Rotax MAINS" are scheduled to run additonal laps... 20-25 if I am correct.
So overall, the race weekend is going to run just as smooth as it always does. The majority of the Rotaxians are the same racers who show up to LAKC each month. There'll be a few self acclaimed "Hot Shoes" showing up to the run with the BIG DOGS. So here's a chance to show the nation how things are done "LAKC/GATORZ STYLLLLE"

Feel free to chime in with any more questions.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

What if you are going somewhere else Sat nite, and can't make Sat nite qualifying? Start at the Back? Why do things the way Gatorz does just for 1 race? Why doesn't Gatorz just run LAKC style? It doesn't make sense to change things for 1 race.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:18 pm

I would think that the reason there is Gatorz qualifying Sat Nite is to eliminate the time needed Sunday for the Gatorz Rotaxians to run their Qualifying since at Gatorz we get 15 min Q sessions per class. This frees up the extra time in Sunday's schedule needed to run the longer Gatorz style mains. All makes sense to me.

Running the Gatorz Races in the LAKC style format kind of makes the point of having a Gatorz/LAKC Rotax race day null and void doesn't it? Might as well just a be LAKC Rotax class club race at that point.

Plus, splitting the track cost between the club and the series is also probably a win win situation that was considered in the planning of the event I am thinking...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Last year with Tri-C, it was 2 separate races, points, and qualifying.It would be interesting to look at the Gatorz points, and see how many people run both. We don't because of our cadet program.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm
greg or andy, when your available, please clear up these questions. when we all met a while back regarding doing this, i thought it was all good. what happened

Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 pm

I want to clarify a couple of things. The joint race will be held on August 28th and 29th, not this coming weekend. All the LAKC and Gatorz Rotax racers will qualify and race together. The hot pit qualifying will start at 5:00 PM Saturday evening. All of the other LAKC classes will qualify as usual on Sunday morning. In place of qualifying on Sunday, the Rotax racers will run an additional heat race. The two heats will be a little shorter than the usual single heat and the main will be a little longer at 20 laps.

The hot pit qualifying is going to be a lot of fun especially for all of you that have never had the chance to experience it. Each racer will be allowed one mechanic in the hot area and karts can exit the track anytime during the session to make adjustments. All the action is entertaining for the spectators as well. Just about everybody will be making tire pressure adjustments and expect to see some racers making changes to their chassis and carbs before blasting back out onto the track.

Immediately after qualifying, we are planning a catered meal from the Blue Agave Restaurant. Every registered racer for the weekend will get a free meal. That includes all the IKF and Shifter racers so be sure to register Saturday afternoon even if you are not running a rotax class. Additional meals will be available for purchase and we should have all the details worked out on that by this weekend. We will be distributing a flyer at the race that should answer most of your questions.

Greg

[/i]

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 pm

since rotax racers are qualifying saturday evening, is there going to be any practice sessions before hand (instead of paying for a full day practice), or do we have to pay for the full day practice like normal?
-Thanks

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:57 am

Dillon, Saturday will be a "NORMAL 9 - 5" Open Practice Day. The only thing that changes is Rotaxians will be the only karts to take the track AFTER 5:00 pm Pit allocation will also be the LAKC norm, Meaning anyone who has a reserved pit spot will retain their spot for both Saturday and Sunday, just like a normal LAKC weekend. Remember, ALL Registered LAKC Racers for Sunday August 29th will receive a ticket for the Dinner catered by Blue Agave. Additional tickets available for purchase to all others who wish to hang out and watch the "Hot Pit Qualifying" then enjoy a fine Mexican Food Dinner.
Gonna be A LOT of FUN ! :D

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm