It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:56 am

July race what did you think? 

Would you want to do this again?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 16

July race what did you think? 
Post July race what did you think?
Well since the mix up with transponders for Sunday's race we reverted back to the "old" ways. Pea Pick, two heats, 2nd one was inverted and the combined total determined your starting position for the main. This was how we use to do in the good old days before the transponder and electronic scoring.

So how did you all like it? Would you want to do it again (with the transponders of course) instead of qualifying, one heat and the main?

Just wanted your opinions.

Last edited by Steven Novikoff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 am
Post 24 views and I got one email?
Well I received one email saying they liked the "old school" racing and wouldn't mind doing it again. Please post your responses good or bad. It's your club.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Based on the people I talked to, it was a very positive response. Several members mentioned that we should do this once or twice each year.
Made for some pretty good racing and a chance for some of the guys who normally are not out front to have the "White Knuckle" experience. Plus, everyone got to run an extra 8 lap heat race, and we still finished up by 5:30 even with the red flag stoppages.
Perhaps we still use the transponder for scorning purposes. Couple of races were of the "Photo Finish" category. :shock:

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Post Race was fun!!
Was a Great race, my Driver Carlee Taylor like the 2 heats, and its was not too Hot

See ya next race

mike taylor

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Post pea pick
I like the format it involves more racing less practicing

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

I vote for Qualifying.It was fun and I had to work a lot harder starting from the back,but it creates more opportunities to end up with a bent kart.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:09 pm
Profile YIM

I also vote for qualifying. Too many people taking chances, and too many people taken out.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:50 pm
Post Good or bad would like to hear from everyone
Like I said I would like to hear from as many of you as possible. There are good and bad things about this. May be nice for smaller classes but might be a disaster for larger ones. Let us know.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Post pea pick yes
If we are going to include spectators in this poll I say pea pick. Made for much better races for us watching. When I did race 2nd heat inverted it was much more fun as a driver as well.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 pm
Post N
my driver and I did not like it, we prefer qualifying. again we did NOT like pea pick

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:23 am

I always liked it when I used to race. Dane and I spoke about it on the drive home. He really liked it but his class was filled with a good group of experienced drivers. That is where we have always see the difference of liking or disliking. Pending the group you are racing.If it's full of good drivers you like. If its full of not so good drivers you will see a lot more crashing going on.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

Although I didn't race, I like this format.

I think many of the bad thoughts about this format comes from the fact that it was a complete surprise to the competitors as it was the best solution to an unforeseen issue.

I think that the club should do 2 or 3 of these types of races each year.

If competitors had a chance to plan for it and were mentally prepared for it, I think the ill feelings would subside.

What this type of format does is teach people how to race. It forces newer competitors to run up front and more experienced competitors to run midpack. It helps people learn how to pass, but more importantly, it teaches newer competitors how to get passed.

Slower competitors are often at the back of the pack and as soon as the race starts, the field moves away from them and they have no way to learn a better line, or some racecraft. If they are mixed in, they have a better chance of learning how to be better, faster, safer racers.

This format isn't inherently more dangerous than any other format.

Saturday night dirt track racing has had peapicks and inverts for years and it seems to work for them.

Andy

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:40 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:22 am

Post s
Agreed, third cheer for Andy

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am