It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Joint Race with Gatorz-how will it work? 

Is the pricing for the joint race the same. (LAKC) PRICING?

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:50 pm

The entry fee for the Rotax classes will be $10 more than usual. The entry fee for all the other classes will be the same as usual.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 am

Thanks, I have another question. We will be coming down from Vegas again. If a rotax driver misses the qualifying Saturday evening, do you start from the back on Sunday?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 am

Post Track config
Do you know what track configuration we will be running?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 am
Profile YIM
Post Qualifying and track
Those who do not qualify Saturday evening will be given a short qualifying session on Sunday morning probably with another group or all together. It depends on how many there are.

According to the CalSpeed calendar we will be running the Grande Configuration

Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:46 am

This will only be to determine their position at the back of the fields, correct?

As we discussed, we cannot blend times set at two completely different days/times.

Those that qualify on Saturday will fill the front of the fields.

Andy

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:50 pm
Post Qualifying
Andy, I have asked Greg to review the meeting notes on this. I may have misspoken in my prior post.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44 pm

I agree with Andy. That seems fair. Just my opinion.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm still confused on why we're changing the LAKC format.

Last year when it was announced at the beginning of the year that we were having races with Tri-C, it was 2 separate races. Am I the only one that thought this year, with Gatorz, it would be the same thing?

This year, with Gatorz, we come in and change our system, without much notice? Why?

A lot of the details have came out on this thread that may have not been known till race day, and more than one racer would have been unhappy.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:54 am

We are in Cabo on a surf trip and the board meeting minutes are back home so it will be a few days before I can respond to Steve's request.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:18 am

Have we had a chance to review the meeting minutes?

I read Andy's post, and I don't think that is the way is was told at the meeting.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:38 pm

The BOD minutes have been reviewed and we did vote for blending the Sunday qualifiers with the Saturday group. After quite a bit of discussion, we realized that we did not think this issue all the way through. Considering the significant differences between the track and weather conditions, it would be unfair to blend the qualifying times from seperate qualifying sessions. With this in mind, we have re-voted and agreed that any Sunday qualifiers will grid up in order behind the Saturday qualifiers.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Based on Andy's post, a lot of the details have been discussed behind the scenes, yet not discussed with the membership.

Look at Steve Dzurilla's post, the second one. I think he races Gatorz and LAKC, and even he didn't know how this is going to work.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 pm

This event is going to be a blast! We have people towing in from as far away as Colorado to join us. I hope you and your sons make it for the Saturday evening hot-pit qualifying session and the catered BBQ. If you have other plans, I hope you can change them. I want you to know that we have made arrangements to accommodate anyone that cannot make Saturday quailifying. Any Senior, Masters, or DD2 racer that misses the session will be allowed to qualify with the Tag/PRD Senior class on Sunday morning. The same thing applies to the Mini Max and Jr. Max classes and they will be allowed to qualify with the KPV-2/PRD-2 class on Sunday. The Sunday qualifiers will line up at the back of the grid for the first heat race.

A formal raceday schedule is being worked on and should be available soon. If anybody has questions in the meantime, please give me a call.

Greg
562 420-1494

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:11 pm

There was also an announcement made at the Driver's Meeting at the July race regarding this event.

Many of the questions being asked in this thread were explained at that time.

See everyone there!

Andy

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 am